Mobile menu

Scope for German to English Translators in Canada
Thread poster: Sumana U

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2008

Hi,

I would like to know regarding the translation opportunities for German to English Translators in Canada.

I would really be very happy, if I get the needed information.

Nice Day!

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
German to English
+ ...
What is your specialization? Jan 2, 2008

It probably depends on the specialization. Demand for German-to-English financial translators is high. Whether you are in Canada or not doesn't really matter. I am US-based, but have clients in both the US and Europe (getting paid in euros is very nice right now).

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Scope for full time translators job Jan 3, 2008

Hi,

I am specialized in Automotive technology, SAP and Banking.

Is there any scope for full-time German-English translation jobs in Canada? And also regarding the freelance of German-English translation in Canada.

I would like to read more information regarding this matter especially from the G-E translators residing in Canada.

Thank you

Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
German to English
Translating into English Jan 3, 2008

Hi mana u,

I don't live in Canada, but I am a German to English translator, and there is something I'd like to ask you.

mana u wrote:

And also regarding the freelance of German-English translation in Canada.

The above sentence is not really grammatically correct in English. Are you sure you want to work with English as your target language? Is English your first language or mother tongue? You should probably think about this before you consider working as a German to English translator.

Best regards,
Niraja

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
German to English
+ ...
German>English or English>German? Jan 4, 2008

Apart from the above question, which I think is a valid one, German>English full-time jobs are much more difficult to come by, at least in the US, than English>German jobs. I have only ever heard about one in-house German>English job (legal translation) here during my whole career, whereas I do hear about English>German jobs being advertised now and then by agencies, software companies, etc.

[Edited at 2008-01-04 07:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scope for German to English Translators in Canada

Advanced search

Translation news

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs