Advice needed on relocating to Spain
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 02:55
English to Spanish
Jan 12, 2008

I don't know if this is the right place to open this thread, but if it isn't, feel free to move it wherever you want to.
My husband and I are giving serious thoughts on relocating to Spain within the following months. We don't think it's a permanent thing, but perhaps a year or so. The chosen location is Barcelona up ti now.
So I'm asking you all the advice and tips you can think of about: cost of living, rents, anything you think worth sharing. I'd value specially the experiences of people who have recently relocated to Spain, how they are doing, etc.
Many thanks indeed and have a nice weekend.

Direct link Reply with quote

lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:55
Portuguese to English
ask in the Spanish forum Jan 13, 2008

I think if you ask your question in the Spanish forum, you'll probably get a lot more useful replies as it's a very active forum and obviously people there are personally familiar with the sort of issues you raise about cost of living etc. Good luck!

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 02:55
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Jan 13, 2008

I've already posted the issue on the Spanish forum.
Let's see what happens!

John Rawlins  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why Barcelona? Try Valencia instead. Jan 14, 2008

Valencia is just down the coast from Barcelona. In many respects it is a similar city - however, it is much cheaper to rent and buy property, and Spanish is the main language of the streets, business, and government.

This final point may be relevant if you intend using your already acquired Spanish, or learning Spanish.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice needed on relocating to Spain

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs