Mobile menu

where else could be the exprts ???!
Thread poster: komidi
Local time: 08:00
English to Arabic
Jan 25, 2008

Hi every one here, My Name is Ahemd kamal and Iam Egyptian and I'm student at the Faculty of AL-Alsun English Department,in my 3rd grade . actually I'm looking forward to work at this field as a Translator From English to Arabic but I don't know from where to start.

I'm asking any of the experts at this pair Just to give me any Advice to help me and I'll be grateful.

I've to mention that Iam taking the AUC deploma of Translation but I'm still at the begining of the course

so please just help me

Direct link Reply with quote

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:00
English to Arabic
+ ...
This forum Jan 25, 2008

Hi Ahmed,

I think you could start by reading through past discussions on this same forum "Getting established" - you will find that many new translators have had similar questions in the past, and have been helped by colleagues. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful advice there.

If you'd like to discuss specific issues in Arabic, you could also post these in the Arabic forum

My advice would be for you to do a lot of reading in English. Even if you're going to translate into Arabic, you need a stronger command of the English language. You need to make sure you understand the finer nuances of the language, have no problems with its grammar etc.

Good luck

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

where else could be the exprts ???!

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs