No answer to WWA requests
Thread poster: Nathalie White

Nathalie White  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
English to French
+ ...
Feb 11, 2008

Hi everyone,

I am finding it quite difficult to obtain evaluations/scores for my WWA records. I have sent requests to the 3 or 4 agencies I have recently worked with and, despite their satisfaction, none of them has commented on their willingness to work with me again.

How do you get your clients to comment on their WWA? Do they usually answer your requests and indicate their degree of WWA?

Direct link Reply with quote
Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
Wait until you've established a relationship Feb 11, 2008

I think it's best not to ask for a WWA until you've established some kind of relationship with a PM.
I call it a relationship if you've done a couple of projects for them in a limited period of time (say, 4 or 5 projects in 2 months' time) and if the communications have become 'relaxed'- not 100% formal anymore.

Also, if it is a big agency, you must make sure to get to your PM personally. Requests to a general e-mail address will most likely be ignored; chances are no-one will know who you are or what you've done for them.

The point is, they must be willing to do you a favour, for whatever reason.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No answer to WWA requests

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs