Mobile menu

Extra charges
Thread poster: stephanieL
English to Italian
Mar 10, 2008

What amount should I charge if payment is not carried out within 30 days of my invoice?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 11:01
English to Russian
+ ...
Advance agreement is necessary Mar 12, 2008

If you have not specified in advance that there would be late fees, I don't think it will be possible to charge them now.

And even if you did, it is still very difficult to collect.

I've been in this situation more than once. Usually, when the client is late with payment, a few phone calls do it. You have to be polite, but firm. Yes, I know, it's annoying, and utterly unfair to you. I can only offer you my sympathy.

In a few instances, I had to write a letter. Again, "polite but firm" is the rule.

Only once I had to threaten to take the matter to court - fortunately, only to threaten, never actually do it.

Good luck,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extra charges

Advanced search

Translation news

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs