Thread poster: Maria Karra

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:51
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Nov 19, 2003

All members of the Gr>En and En>Gr language pair should read the following.

http://www.proz.com/inc/item/inc_item_kudoz_etiquette.php3

We've had quite a few incidents lately where people showed lack of respect for their peers in KudoZ. I hope from now on it will be unnecessary for me to intervene.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 21:51
English to Greek
+ ...
KudoZ Etiquette Dec 16, 2003

Hopefully, Maria, hopefully you will not have to interfere, although even "polite" or "curteous" comments may be made in bad faith... unfortunately!!

Nadia Fahmi

Joanne Panteleon
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Definitely Dec 19, 2003

Hopefully, Maria, hopefully you will not have to interfere, although even "polite" or "curteous" comments may be made in bad faith... unfortunately!!

I dare say that some people must definitely learn how to treat people. I, personally, have been attacked too many times both explicitly and by nonsensical "disagrees" by people who have nothing better to say other than prove that they are running the show!. People should learn to take their personal problems elsewhere, especially since not much is to be gained other than points!... I have had enough of those attacks so far and the next time I'm offended or mistreated in any way, I will have to ask you or any other moderator to take drastic measures. Enough already!

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
I dare say too Joanne!! Dec 20, 2003

Joanne Panteleon wrote:

I dare say that some people must definitely learn how to treat people. I, personally, have been attacked too many times both explicitly and by nonsensical "disagrees" by people who have nothing better to say other than prove that they are running the show!.

Yes, they should.. We have all been attacked and still are.. in a subtle and clever (?) way, It is so disappointing!!

Joanne Panteleon
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
The untouchables :-) Dec 22, 2003

I think what's really disappointing in all this is the pretentiousness, double-crossing and the nasty and emails you get behind the scenes, off the Proz air, on the subject of Proz answers!.. Back-stabbing for some seems to be the definition of their doing business...))

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

KudoZ Etiquette. Please read

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums