what about the payments?
Thread poster: eleftheria roussou
eleftheria roussou
eleftheria roussou  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:04
English to Greek
+ ...
Aug 2, 2004

i would like to know if there is a standard way of getting paid of a translation job.
or a patend to ensure me that i will take my money?

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:04
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
see below Aug 2, 2004

eleftheria roussou wrote:
i would like to know if there is a standard way of getting paid of a translation job.
or a patend to ensure me that i will take my money?

I don't think there's any standard way, it depends on what you and your client prefer. Some ways are via PayPal, wire transfer, check (a check is convenient only if you're in the same country; via wire transfer you usually lose some money on bank processing fees; ex. from Europe to the USA I lose about $40).

Now about a guarantee that you'll get your money, I'm afraid there's none. All translators struggle with this, and you'll see lots of forum postings with complaints, and where people ask for advice. That's why we have the Blue Board here at ProZ (accessible to Platinum members), so that you can look up information on companies, including feedback from translators on those companies' payment practices.
Maria

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

what about the payments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »