https://www.proz.com/forum/greek/44582-payment_problems_with_a_greek_agency.html

Payment problems with a Greek agency
Thread poster: Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 03:13
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 3, 2006

I completed a medium project for a Greek agency (according to the Proz forum policy, I cannot say here which one) in December 2005 and received no payment since. I did an update in January. They claim to be a large agency with ISO 9001:2000 standard, but my the payment is over 3 months overdue.
First they asked me to send them the invoice twice, then I had to contact them again. The person who was in charge for the project redirected me to his colleague. She said that the amount on her rec
... See more
I completed a medium project for a Greek agency (according to the Proz forum policy, I cannot say here which one) in December 2005 and received no payment since. I did an update in January. They claim to be a large agency with ISO 9001:2000 standard, but my the payment is over 3 months overdue.
First they asked me to send them the invoice twice, then I had to contact them again. The person who was in charge for the project redirected me to his colleague. She said that the amount on her record was half the amount they owe me. I sent her all correspondence (which clearly stated the number of words in the project) and said that they can pay the amount which they propose under condition that they can give proof on that. I received no reply (only the automatic Outlook response that the message was read).
I have just called them (20 minutes ago), and they say that the person who was in charge for the project is not working there anymore. The second person is allegedly at the meeting.
Do you have any advice, how can I recover my money?
Thank you in advance
Collapse

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:13
English to Greek
+ ...
I think I know Apr 3, 2006

which agency you are referring to.

If it is the one I suspect, indeed a project manager left recently and the accountant has been changed, and they are undergoing major reorganisation (not for the better I must say).

You will not loose your money (I think, because they usually pay - sometimes late - but they do).

If you want you can contact me personally and I will be happy to provide further information, if it is the agency I believe.

Kind
... See more
which agency you are referring to.

If it is the one I suspect, indeed a project manager left recently and the accountant has been changed, and they are undergoing major reorganisation (not for the better I must say).

You will not loose your money (I think, because they usually pay - sometimes late - but they do).

If you want you can contact me personally and I will be happy to provide further information, if it is the agency I believe.

Kind regards,
Nadia
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Payment problems with a Greek agency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »