Greece
Local time: 01:47
English to Greek
+ ...
Sep 12, 2007

Jules Verne deserves a better translation service
Adam Roberts
September 11, 2007 2:31 PM

I'd always liked reading Jules Verne and I've read most of his novels; but it wasn't until recently that I really understood I hadn't been reading Jules Verne at all.

I'll explain what I mean. Verne has been globally popular since the 19th century, and all his titles have been translated into English, most of them soon after their initial publication. But almost all of
... See more
Jules Verne deserves a better translation service
Adam Roberts
September 11, 2007 2:31 PM

I'd always liked reading Jules Verne and I've read most of his novels; but it wasn't until recently that I really understood I hadn't been reading Jules Verne at all.

I'll explain what I mean. Verne has been globally popular since the 19th century, and all his titles have been translated into English, most of them soon after their initial publication. But almost all of them were translated so badly, so mutilated that "translation" is something of a misnomer.....

To read the whole article, please follow this link:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/09/jules_verne_deserves_a_better.html

[Edited at 2007-09-13 08:35]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

[Article] Jules Vernes deserves a better translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »