Marlou Franken
Marlou Franken  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:17
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 21, 2008

(hope I picked the right category for this subject)

Do you sometimes (hopefully not all the time) suffer RSI?
I did, after a particularily heavy job, mouse-click wise. Somebody recommend working with a tablet. I started using a WACOM bamboo tablet and now I can work endlesly with the mouse, which is now a pen, and experience no discomfort at all, It is good prevention too I think. Don't know if there are other tablet brands available on the market. It is a relieve anyway.
... See more
(hope I picked the right category for this subject)

Do you sometimes (hopefully not all the time) suffer RSI?
I did, after a particularily heavy job, mouse-click wise. Somebody recommend working with a tablet. I started using a WACOM bamboo tablet and now I can work endlesly with the mouse, which is now a pen, and experience no discomfort at all, It is good prevention too I think. Don't know if there are other tablet brands available on the market. It is a relieve anyway.
Just thought posting this might be a good tip for any possible RSI sufferers out there.

[Edited at 2008-09-21 11:04]
Collapse

Maria Antonietta Ricagno
Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
English to Italian
+ ...
Tablet for me too Sep 21, 2008

I have been using a Wacomm tablet for 4 years and it is a really useful tool.
Last year I changed it to a Bamboo model, because the old one was gone due to wear.
Wise choice to change the mouse to a tablet: I definitely recommend it.

Antonella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pen tablet/RSI

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »