Thread poster: Vladimir Dubisskiy

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:26
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 3, 2006

Hi,
It Win XP and the monitor is Mitsubishi Diamond Scan - about 7 yrs old.
Without any notice) some colors look like gone (red is nearly gone i believe).

And i wonder whether it's a monitor (which would be better) as my wife is calling it 'the ugly fat box' for quite a while) or the PC - which would be worse)..
Thanks,
V.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:26
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Check the connections... Jan 3, 2006

If you have not done so yet, check all the connections. Quite often when the plug gets loose (or the cable is broken) you have the symptoms you describe.

If that does not work, then it is probably the monitor (failure of the computer, or, to be more exact, the graphic card/chip is less likely - this would rather give different symptoms). Considering the price of CRT monitors these days, it will probably be cheaper to get a newer one than to repair this one...

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:26
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
found it Jan 4, 2006

Thank you, Jabberwock,
I have checked everything and.. it turned to be that the brightness level has dropped down by itself. I have managed to restore it, but the new monitor is erquired. This guy served us for over 8 years anyway.

Thank you for the feedback,

Very best,
Vladimir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

montor suddenly lost brightness and some colors

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs