Thread poster: Parrot

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 3, 2006

Can anyone explain why a Logitec PS/2 keyboard (Setpoint 2.12b) would suddenly lose its apostrophes after more than half a year of perfect functioning?

Direct link Reply with quote

Sabrina Ciserchia  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same thing happened to me... May 3, 2006

Hi!

I really do not know why, but my Genius keyboard did the same one day a few months ago; not only with apostrophes but also with other things like exclamation/question marks, all of a sudden!
I reset it and everything then went back to normal, but I would also like to know why this happened...

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Saturated RAM? May 3, 2006

Sabrina Ciserchia wrote:

Hi!

I really do not know why, but my Genius keyboard did the same one day a few months ago; not only with apostrophes but also with other things like exclamation/question marks, all of a sudden!
I reset it and everything then went back to normal, but I would also like to know why this happened...

Been there, done that. I observed when this happens, you can save the file, close it and open again. This would seem to indicate RAM was saturated (probably multi-tasking).

My own problem is proving quite permanent, however (Would it have anything to do with those extra buttons on the keyboard? I just wonder).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard loses apostrophes

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums