Levent Yildizgoren
Levent Yildizgoren  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 7, 2007

Dear All,

Having spend the last couple of days trying to find a solution to solve a login password problem, I wanted to share the solution that has worked for me. We have unintentionally created a password in Arabic in one of our PCs. Then we were not able to access the PC as the Arabic keyboard was later removed.

There is a software which removes any password on the PC and this will enable the user to re-start the PC without the password. After downloading the software
... See more
Dear All,

Having spend the last couple of days trying to find a solution to solve a login password problem, I wanted to share the solution that has worked for me. We have unintentionally created a password in Arabic in one of our PCs. Then we were not able to access the PC as the Arabic keyboard was later removed.

There is a software which removes any password on the PC and this will enable the user to re-start the PC without the password. After downloading the software from their website it took me 5 minutes to reset the password and start the PC.

It is really a good solution if you get stuck. The website for the software is: http://www.password-reset.com/index.php. You can even try it free to see if it works for your system.

There is another solution for recovering the passwords as well. This did not suit me as we would not be able to key in the Arabic password. But this would be an ideal solution for forgotten passwords. It is even free of charge if you can wait for up to 48 hours. Or for s small payment you can get it in matter of minutes. What impressed me most about this is that, you only pay the fee if they are able to recover the password for you. Their website url is: http://www.loginrecovery.com/

Well hopefully none of the above will be necessary for anyone.

Regards,

Levent Yildizgoren
TTC Language Services Ltd
www.ttcltd.com
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:46
Member (2006)
French to English
MS Word passwords Oct 7, 2007

Dear all,

Thought I would point out that Wordfast's Plustools has a built in password recovery feature. You can use it to find the password of password protected Word documents.

Best regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Login password lost

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »