Mobile menu

Help with 2 monitor system
Thread poster: Oshkash
Jan 24, 2008

Hello everyone I'm new here so please be patient with me ? LOL

the problem I'm having is I used to have a 2 monitor system and had to go back to a 1 , and I had an app. that when you start it would open in the other monitor now I can't see that one when I open it ??? how to get it back , on the 1 monitor ???? thank for any and all help .

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Some suggestions Jan 25, 2008

Something similar happened to me some time ago, and I tried various solutions:

Redefine screen resolution (via Control Panel / Display) to something much smaller (eg 800 by 600). That may force the hidden window into a visible area.

Another option is to use the 'Move' command in your app. You can do this even if you cannot see the app, though it is a bit hit and miss.

Once the app is loaded but not visible, use Alt/Tab to make sure the focus is on it. Then press Alt/spacebar, then M, then use the cursor keys to move the window towards your remaining open screen. You may have to experiment a bit, but this should eventually bring it back onto your single monitor. Press Esc to stop moving it. Close the app (this should update the Registry with the new screen location).

If all that fails, you may have to edit the Registry direct. But you need to be very sure you know what you're doing.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with 2 monitor system

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs