Fitbit group for Proz members
Thread poster: Yoko Busk
Yoko Busk
Yoko Busk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
Mar 20, 2015

I'm a Fitbit user and wondering if anyone interested in setting up or joining Proz.com group on Fitbit community.
At the moment, there is no Proz related group on Fitbit that I can find.

I could create the group, but would like to know whether people are interested/ set as public or private/ already exist as invitation only/ it's ok from Admin side.

Look forward to your opinion. Thank you.

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I will join Mar 20, 2015

Yes, I have a fitbit and it's keeping me challenged and sane, so it seems like a good idea to me!

Anne

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 20, 2015

Thank you Anne for your comment. I will wait a few more feedbacks over the weekend, then will decide whether to go ahead and create a group

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here it is! The link for Proz.com fitbit group Mar 21, 2015

I couldn't wait so I already created the group. Here's the link

https://www.fitbit.com/group/22RFY4

Hope this attracts many other Proz fitbit users

Doreen Stacey
Doreen Stacey
United States
Fitbit Addict Jul 29, 2015

I love bragging my everyday Fitbit results in my Facebook lol Fitbit motivates me to walk/run everyday or just move my body for that matter. Great help for someone like me who don't have an active lifestyle.

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't agree more! Jul 29, 2015

Hi Doreen. I think all Fitbit users agree with you point) I think it's the most healthy way of social networking e.g. competing with Fitbit friends and posting results and achievements on FB. As I said below, I created the Fitbit group for Proz Fitbit users if you are interested. I'm on my own in the group at the moment)
I think we all have busy lifestyle in
... See more
Hi Doreen. I think all Fitbit users agree with you point) I think it's the most healthy way of social networking e.g. competing with Fitbit friends and posting results and achievements on FB. As I said below, I created the Fitbit group for Proz Fitbit users if you are interested. I'm on my own in the group at the moment)
I think we all have busy lifestyle in the same given 24 hours every day. Having 'active' lifestyle is really up to our decisions and choices no matter what jobs or social status you have)
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'll sign up Jul 29, 2015

I've been using an app called Fitocracy, but I don't like it very much. I'm checking out Fitbit now ^_^

Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 16:32
English to Chinese
+ ...
Will try Jul 31, 2015

I never heard of it before, but I'd like to have a try
Thanks for sharing.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:32
French to English
+ ...
Happy user of Garmin Vivofit Jul 31, 2015

Nice, light device, much more user-friendly than a phone or GPS running watch, but probably much more inaccurate, as "steps" are not constant, and probably vary not only according to body parameters, but also according to road incline, trail type, mood, etc. Still, it's fun.

I should add that its main function is nagging me to get off my tuches every once in a while, and it does that very well.

... See more
Nice, light device, much more user-friendly than a phone or GPS running watch, but probably much more inaccurate, as "steps" are not constant, and probably vary not only according to body parameters, but also according to road incline, trail type, mood, etc. Still, it's fun.

I should add that its main function is nagging me to get off my tuches every once in a while, and it does that very well.

Sandra

[Edited at 2015-07-31 12:13 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fitbit group for Proz members

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »