Anyone meaning to enter the 4th Translation Contest?
Thread poster: Ron Armon
Ron Armon
Ron Armon  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:33
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Aug 22, 2007

Hi all,

Shame on us - We have actually never had a contest involving Hebrew here at ProZ.

As I recall - Last time Doron Greenspan tried to motivate others to enter, but somehow Hebrew wasn't represented in the end (too little? too late?)

I took my shot this time and entered. Would anyone care to join too?

I think if we have three contestants - we're in.

דוד בן גוריון חשב פעם שזונה עברייה וגנב עבר�
... See more
Hi all,

Shame on us - We have actually never had a contest involving Hebrew here at ProZ.

As I recall - Last time Doron Greenspan tried to motivate others to enter, but somehow Hebrew wasn't represented in the end (too little? too late?)

I took my shot this time and entered. Would anyone care to join too?

I think if we have three contestants - we're in.

דוד בן גוריון חשב פעם שזונה עברייה וגנב עברי יעשונו עם נורמלי ככל העמים...
אולי גם השתתפות מתחרים עבריים בתחרות תרגום בינ"ל היא צעד בכיוון?

רון ערמון
Collapse

Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:33
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I think you're right... Aug 23, 2007

and I keep thinking of it, but it's a matter of time at the moment, unfortunately...Hopefully next time...
Im kvar (sorry, I'm on a friend's computer with no Hebrew), I'd like to also point out the lack of forum participation from Hebrew speakers, in general...Ein lanu ma lehagid? I'm shocked.
What I would REALLY like is to see a Hebrew text offered for translation in the contest.

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You threw the hat... Aug 28, 2007

...and I'm picking it up. As the one who pressed Proz to create a forum for the 'technical' reason of being able to enter the competition, shame on me for not actually entering it!

So, I'll work on it in between that IT project and taking the kids to the swimming pool, and good luck to us!

And Juliana, this forum will grow to become a very respectable one - that's my aim.

Cheers, Doron

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I've entered... Sep 3, 2007

Hi Ron, I've entered now, and hopefully Juliana will too.

this is a call to all our Hebrew speakers here to enter the contest!

Thanks, Doron

Ron Armon
Ron Armon  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Congartulations to all Hebrew linguists !! ברכות לכולנו אבירי העברית Sep 7, 2007

בתחרות התרגום של (הרביעית) של פרו-ז תשתתף לראשונה גם השפה העברית
(תרגום מאנגלית לעברית)

Doron and Juliana - you've sure picked the hat as you've threatened to do, and there's someone else who has caught up with you...

Thanks to you (us) Hebrew has proudly entered the ProZ (4th) translation contest for the first time ever, with 4 entries!

המשימה הבאה - להכניס גם ט�
... See more
בתחרות התרגום של (הרביעית) של פרו-ז תשתתף לראשונה גם השפה העברית
(תרגום מאנגלית לעברית)

Doron and Juliana - you've sure picked the hat as you've threatened to do, and there's someone else who has caught up with you...

Thanks to you (us) Hebrew has proudly entered the ProZ (4th) translation contest for the first time ever, with 4 entries!

המשימה הבאה - להכניס גם טקסט בעברית כמקור לתחרות התרגום הבאה.

Our next goal - as Juliana has offered - to enter a source text in Hebrew to the 5th contest.
To accomplish that - all we have to do is sign the petition for Hebrew on "next contest" tab.
Please take the time to do that.

Doron - would you like to volunteer to do the honors and act as the moderator?
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Anyone meaning to enter the 4th Translation Contest?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »