Off topic: THANKS to ProZ translators who helped out in Tsunami relief efforts
Thread poster: José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 2, 2005

Dear all - FYI

I would like to commend and publicly thank Ingrid Landfried, Gaia de Zambiasi, Sara Chan, and Aurora Humarán (my partner) for their help with the translation of a supply list that Rotary Club in Colombo, Sri Lanka, had in English.

I made a public call in the Jobs section rather than going to Aleph' list of collaborators as to give a chance to all of those who wanted to help after the tsunami. Got many responses, thank you!

I got in touch w
... See more
Dear all - FYI

I would like to commend and publicly thank Ingrid Landfried, Gaia de Zambiasi, Sara Chan, and Aurora Humarán (my partner) for their help with the translation of a supply list that Rotary Club in Colombo, Sri Lanka, had in English.

I made a public call in the Jobs section rather than going to Aleph' list of collaborators as to give a chance to all of those who wanted to help after the tsunami. Got many responses, thank you!

I got in touch with the RC and told them that Aleph Translations could help out by supplying translations and/or passing the word (through ProZ.com) if they needed interpreters to go and help foreign volunteers get through with locals.

They provided a two page list with details on what they need ASAP. The document also explained how to donate money/buy meds and food through the Internet.

The addition of the Spanish, German, Italian, and French versions will enable them to distribute the list to local Rotary Clubs and relief agencies in other countries and speed up the process as they do not need it translated.

THANK YOU for you help!!!

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk

[Edited at 2005-01-02 17:30]
Collapse

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was moved when I saw many ProZians Jan 4, 2005

in the thank you lists at http://www.reliefforsrilanka.blogspot.com.

I posted the Lanka link on the off-topic section and many prozians went for it! THANK YOU all!!

JL

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

THANKS to ProZ translators who helped out in Tsunami relief efforts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »