Mobile menu

1st Annual Translation Contest: winner in Hungarian to English announced.
Thread poster: RominaZ

Jan 15, 2009

Dear all,

I am happy to announce that the winner in Hungarian to English has finally been selected. Congratulations to Elizabeth Rudin on winning in this pair.

I would like to take this opportunity to specially thank Csaba Bán for this beautiful piece of writing (featured as the Hungarian source text in this contest).

Congratulations are also extended to Attila Piróth and Katalin Horvath McClure , who won as a team in the English to Hungarian combination, and to Zsuzsa Vajdovics , who won in French to Hungarian.

I would also like to invite the translators that work in Hungarian > French to vote and help select a winner in this pair (only a few more votes are needed). Those who work in this combination can vote here

Please visit the contest page to meet the rest of the contest winners and view the entries.

Last but not least, thanks to all the participants (both contestants and voters) for their time and effort.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Ildiko Santana[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1st Annual Translation Contest: winner in Hungarian to English announced.

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs