Google term search link to answers.com
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2008

When searching with google, the results on the top right tell me how many hits there are for the term I've typed in, and the term itself is clickable and linked to the definition at answers.com.

This afternoon I did something to my internet settings to resolve an unrelated problem (don't ask me what, I thought I hadn't actually changed anything at all!) and now my terms are no longer clickable.

Does anyone know how I can get them clickable again? I found this a really u
... See more
When searching with google, the results on the top right tell me how many hits there are for the term I've typed in, and the term itself is clickable and linked to the definition at answers.com.

This afternoon I did something to my internet settings to resolve an unrelated problem (don't ask me what, I thought I hadn't actually changed anything at all!) and now my terms are no longer clickable.

Does anyone know how I can get them clickable again? I found this a really useful shortcut.
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
English to Arabic
+ ...
Are yِou sure? Mar 27, 2008

Is the problem persisting? It's hard (for me) to imagine that anything you do to your internet setting would change that.

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Clickable links Mar 27, 2008

Hi Marie-Hélène!

Go to TOOLS, then Internet Options. Under the Tab, "Advanced", you will find an option "underline links". Select "always" and your links should be clickable again.

If I have understood your question correctly!

By the way, I have never seen this shortcut before, so thank you very much for an extremely useful tip.

Best wishes,

Bill

[E
... See more
Hi Marie-Hélène!

Go to TOOLS, then Internet Options. Under the Tab, "Advanced", you will find an option "underline links". Select "always" and your links should be clickable again.

If I have understood your question correctly!

By the way, I have never seen this shortcut before, so thank you very much for an extremely useful tip.

Best wishes,

Bill

[Edited at 2008-03-27 21:05]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I love this function! Mar 27, 2008

Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Glad to be of service.... Mar 28, 2008

But I still haven't got it back!

Unfortunately my "underline links" option was already set at "always", so that isn't the problem. Any other ideas anyone?

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted it! Mar 28, 2008

It was actually very simple - I'd removed all the cookies on my computer, one of which was for my google account - and you have to be signed in with your google account to get subscribed links on google searches.

I'm now wondering what other cookies I've deleted to sites I didn't even know I was signed in to!

Still, I've got my link back so I'm happy - and Bill and Stanislaw at least are also happy to have discovered a new toy....
See more
It was actually very simple - I'd removed all the cookies on my computer, one of which was for my google account - and you have to be signed in with your google account to get subscribed links on google searches.

I'm now wondering what other cookies I've deleted to sites I didn't even know I was signed in to!

Still, I've got my link back so I'm happy - and Bill and Stanislaw at least are also happy to have discovered a new toy.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google term search link to answers.com

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »