https://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/117100-translate_as_you_go_and_get_paid_as_you_deliver.html

Translate as you go and get paid as you deliver...
Thread poster: Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2008

Hi Everybody,
I bet some of you found this forum title quite enticing...
Some time ago, when I was a full time employee and of course had no time for extra translations, I was contacted by a couple of agencies which were very hi-tech and required translators to be connected most of the time. You could choose when you wanted to be available and just had to log in and translate. You received the payment very quickly (not even at the end of that same month; the other side of the coin wa
... See more
Hi Everybody,
I bet some of you found this forum title quite enticing...
Some time ago, when I was a full time employee and of course had no time for extra translations, I was contacted by a couple of agencies which were very hi-tech and required translators to be connected most of the time. You could choose when you wanted to be available and just had to log in and translate. You received the payment very quickly (not even at the end of that same month; the other side of the coin was a rate which couldn't exactly been defined sky rocketing but still decent though). Of course after having moved houses several times I have lost track of their addresses.
I am writin here to discover if such a practice is still in use and if (maybe I am asking too much and being naive here) someone could provide some hints to retrieve this sort of agencies (often very specialized in IT or Biotech).
Thank you for stopping by and reading anyway.
Have a good weekend.
Barbara
Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 18:46
English to Spanish
Wow Oct 4, 2008

I'd love to find a site like the one you mention. I'm connected to my PC the whole day long, and there is not much what I can get. Anyway, to be honest, when I "get" something, it's a big something! So, I can't regret.

On the other hand, I regularly work with an agency which means "fast money" to me (and to many other translators here in Proz.com). Unluckily, their rates could be very low for you, but they have a very high BB. With them, you can really say "Translate as you go and g
... See more
I'd love to find a site like the one you mention. I'm connected to my PC the whole day long, and there is not much what I can get. Anyway, to be honest, when I "get" something, it's a big something! So, I can't regret.

On the other hand, I regularly work with an agency which means "fast money" to me (and to many other translators here in Proz.com). Unluckily, their rates could be very low for you, but they have a very high BB. With them, you can really say "Translate as you go and get paid as you deliver...", as they pay immediately, that is, the same day.

[Edited at 2008-10-04 13:52]
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No way to retrieve some info from email or PC? Oct 4, 2008

Barbara Baldi wrote:

Of course after having moved houses several times I have lost track of their addresses.

Hi Barbara,
Do you use the same computer, or the same e-mail address? If yes, try searching your emails; if you remember when approximately you worked for them, you may find a clue. Or install Google Desktop, and try to search. A fragment of a sentence, or a difficult term that appeared in one of the projects may be enough to get on the right track.
Attila

Michelle Hertrich
Michelle Hertrich  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
I have come across a similar agency, but have lost the link :-( Oct 4, 2008

Hi Barbara,

I came across a similar agency in the UK last year. Unfortunately I didn´t save the link though. It did sound like an interesting idea. I seem to remember that they were based in London. Sorry that I can´t help out more.

Michelle

Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear All Oct 5, 2008

thank you for your replies.
I did change computer after that one died so I'll keep searching the net when I can.
I appreciated anyway your hints.
Thanks everybody,
Barbara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate as you go and get paid as you deliver...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »