Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Problems with Wikipedia?
Thread poster: xxxJon O
xxxJon O  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:48
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2008

Since yesterday I have been unable to access any Wikipedia pages. If I click on, say, a Google link to them they just don't load. Has anyone else had this trouble? Any enlightenment would be most welcome.
Cheers
Jon

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolette Scholte  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
No problems Nov 12, 2008

I haven't had any problems accessing Wikipedia lately. Not when visiting directly or following a link.

I'm afraid I don't know what could be the source of the problem, but it is probably something on your end.

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
I had a similar problem a few months ago Nov 12, 2008

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what caused it or how I resolved it, but you might find this link helpful:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/364032

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Wikipedia?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums