Thread poster: Denyce Seow

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:38
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Nov 26, 2008

Hi,

Anyone here is also experiencing problems with using the new Yahoo interface? I keep getting loading errors or extremely slow loading. I wrote Yahoo about this. The customer service officer said that the problems was with my firewall or virus programme. He told me to switch back to the old interface but that did not solve the problem. I just switched to Mac two weeks ago and the situation remains the same. This is getting very irritating. Any advice? Please don't ask me to change service provider. I have almost 4000 emails in my Inbox and 3000 emails in my Sent box. By the way I have a Yahoo Mail Plus account.

Denyce

Direct link Reply with quote

Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:38
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Yahoo Classic was faster Nov 26, 2008

The new Yahoo Mail is indeed sluggish compared to the older version. I frequently get "failed to load message" (or something to that effect) and it fails to load my message/mailbox contents. Problem doesn't last too long and it loads within the next few minutes but it does become irritating when it repeatedly happens.

Faruk

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:38
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem Nov 26, 2008

Yep, same problem here! It's such a pity. The new interface is indeed more user-friendly. However if this problem continues, I'll have no choice but to switch to the old version or even switch provider (most probably Gmail).

Denyce

Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:38
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Same with me Nov 26, 2008

I have had times when I just had to switch to classic because I could not load a single message for half a day. I have not had problems for few weeks but it seems like it comes every so often....

Ralph de Rijke  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:38
Dutch to English
got a backup...? Nov 27, 2008

Hi Denyce,

I've been hearing lots of similar Yahoo stories recently. Could be they're having some technical problems - the company certainly is. If you've not done so recently, you might want to save all your webmail to your own computer in case Yahoo crashes altogether. Since you have Yahoo Mail Plus you can download all your webmail through POP into a good desktop email programme such as Thunderbird. Just a tip...

Regards,

Ralph

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Yahoo is giving me problems

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs