Mobile menu

Free unicode fonts for download - where?
Thread poster: Jan Sundström

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 25, 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for online resources of fonts for download.
Ideally, I'd like to find a comprehensive site with all possible alphabets/charsets listed.

This is what I've found so far:

I'm also curious to hear your view about the commercial usage of fonts.
If I'm a direct supplier to the end client, can I download any font on these sites and provide it to the end client (together with my translation)?
If a website tells me that the font is freeware/open source, how do I know whether I can trust it? Potentially, anyone can make "stolen" fonts available and label them as free.

I know that most people don't care about the legality anyway, but assume I'd wanted to be 100% sure to be legit...

Thanks a lot for any input!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dr. Derk von Moock
Local time: 11:59
Greek to German
+ ...
Ancient Greek Mar 25, 2009

This one is free an specially made vor use for Ancient Greek and epigraphical use:

Best Regard Derk

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:59
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Go get Gentium Mar 25, 2009

You should download the new Gentium font, created and published by the Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL:

It is Unicode and also has phonetic symbols. It is a truly great font for scholars all around the world—and not only for them. Give it a try.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Deja Vu is fairly comprehensive Mar 25, 2009

J-a-n S-ndstr-m wrote:
I'm looking for online resources of fonts for download.

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:59
German to English
+ ...
WAZU JAPAN's Gallery of Unicode Fonts Mar 25, 2009

Often licence stipulations come packaged with the font if they are not entirely free.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free unicode fonts for download - where?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs