Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 13:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2004

hello,

since some months I have problems with both my email accounts. Providers are EMAIL.IT and YAHOO.
Emails arrive with very serious delays. It's unbearable.

Can you suggest me a reliable email provider?

Thanks

Kurt Porter
Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
Russian to English
+ ...
E-mail Jul 22, 2004

Google is the way to go. 1000MB of storage!

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
reliable Jul 22, 2004

Thank you Kurt,

is Google account really reliable?
My problem is not really MB space.
I just cannot afford to get my emails 24 hours late!
Have you ever had this kind of problem?
How long are you using google as email account?
thx

elrubio
elrubio
German to Italian
+ ...
A 100% reliable e-mail provider Jul 22, 2004

www.freemail.de

it's a very reliable provider. Very serious.

Have a nice day.

I'm using it since 1999

[Edited at 2004-07-22 09:45]

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 14:13
English to Russian
Buy web space - mail is included. Jul 22, 2004

Can you suggest me a reliable email provider?

Having tried lots of free and paid email services in Belaris (out of patriotic reasons) I went to www.wmhosting.net and bought 25 meg of space, a domain name and (among more things) an unlimited number of email addresses: [email protected]. Server uptime is 100%, I have control over everything, no programing knowledge required. This particular hosting targets Russians, but it is actually a re-seller of an American hosting company, which is indicated on their home page. I would recomment this.
Oops! Nearly forgot - it's 19.73 a year.

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:13
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
webspace - I agree Jul 22, 2004

Yes - get some webspace - I recommend www.34sp.com. Very responsive and helpful people (UK based). You get 30Mb webspace and 10 e-mail addresses for about £15 per year. And while you'll probably be configuring MS Outlook or some other programme to retrieve your e-mail on your main system, the 34sp service includes a webmail interface, so you can get your e-mail anywhere in the world.

I don't think havi
... See more
Yes - get some webspace - I recommend www.34sp.com. Very responsive and helpful people (UK based). You get 30Mb webspace and 10 e-mail addresses for about £15 per year. And while you'll probably be configuring MS Outlook or some other programme to retrieve your e-mail on your main system, the 34sp service includes a webmail interface, so you can get your e-mail anywhere in the world.

I don't think having a free e-mail address such as Gmail or freemail.com sends out a very professional image to clients.
Collapse

Kurt Porter
Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
Russian to English
+ ...
freemail vs paid e-mail Jul 22, 2004

Molly,

I've been using google (gmail) for about two months now. I haven't had any problems with it. The flow of e-mail seems to be very responsive.

Not so sure I agree with the comment about poor image regarding free e-mail services. That may indeed turn off some potential clients, but I think for the most part people are going to care whether or not they can get their files to you in a timely fashion, and if you're going to turn in a quality product by the deadline.
... See more
Molly,

I've been using google (gmail) for about two months now. I haven't had any problems with it. The flow of e-mail seems to be very responsive.

Not so sure I agree with the comment about poor image regarding free e-mail services. That may indeed turn off some potential clients, but I think for the most part people are going to care whether or not they can get their files to you in a timely fashion, and if you're going to turn in a quality product by the deadline.

Cheers,
Kurt
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reliable email provider

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »