Mobile menu

Is it possible to access and answer KudoZ questions on a mobile phone?
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:02
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 25, 2004

I am just curious to know whether it is possible to access and answer the KudoZ questions on a mobile phone. I'd like to clarify that I am not asking about a PC or laptop connected with a mobile phone in this respect. Instead, I just want to ascertain whether we can answer the questions on a mobile phone itself. What are the basic requirements in this connections, if this is possible at all?

Thanks in anticipation

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Hardly at the moment, but a good idea Sep 25, 2004

It should be possible to convert the kudoz-part of this site into wap-format. Then it would be accessable by mobiles.
Otherwise you can easily connect your gprs-phone to a laptop and read the net normally like at home. Set the browser to exclude images, that should speed up things a lot.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
English to German
+ ...
Only using a smartphone Sep 25, 2004

Heinrich is right - the vast majority of mobile phones providing internet connectivity using the WAP protocol, which is unavailable for

Some recent phones running a special version of Windows CE (I'm using the Motorola MPx200 myself) should be capable of displaying pages, however - whether answering KudoZ in this way is really a good idea, well, I have some doubts...

Best regards, Ralf

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
I am using Sep 25, 2004

a Blackberry mobile phone (GPRS + WAP) but I can access neither the KudoZ area nor the job one, although I do receive e-mails and can enter the site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to access and answer KudoZ questions on a mobile phone?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs