Mobile menu

Cannot open links in Hotmail
Thread poster: magry

magry  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 9, 2004

I can't open links in Hotmail. This includes links such as's URLs in job notifications but also Hotmail's help. I also couldn't open part of an attachment. Each time the opening process begins and then it comes with "Done" message but I am where I was and link isn't open. Can anyone help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Francis Gregson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:44
English to Norwegian
+ ...
possible solution Oct 9, 2004

try copying the link into Word, then activate the link by putting the cursor immediately after the link, then press the space bar or line shift (Enter). Link may then work (?)...or simply copy the link into the Address bar and press Enter.

on the question of opening attachments in Hotmail, are you sure it is not the anti-virus scan that the 'Done' message refers to? That is what happens when I open attachments in Hotmail. There is than an Icon/Text which says "Download attachment"

Hope this helps

Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
Security settings? Oct 9, 2004

Maybe your problem is the security settings in MS Explorer. (Tools - Options - Security). If they slider in the lower left corner is set to High you will get this problem with many websites, Slide the control to average. If you can't see the control, click the button that read "preset levels" or something similar.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open links in Hotmail

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs