Can't open e-mails in Yahoo
Thread poster: Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:10
Member (2003)
German to English
Oct 21, 2004

I'm having all kinds of problems with Yahoo. (There does seem to be a system-wide problem as I've had problems logging on all day long.) In any event, I can log on now, although everything still seems to be very slow.

But I still have a big headache. I can click on some of my e-mail messages to open them-no problem. But others won't allow me to open them. I keep getting the following message:

We didn't understand your request.
The request sent by your browser was
... See more
I'm having all kinds of problems with Yahoo. (There does seem to be a system-wide problem as I've had problems logging on all day long.) In any event, I can log on now, although everything still seems to be very slow.

But I still have a big headache. I can click on some of my e-mail messages to open them-no problem. But others won't allow me to open them. I keep getting the following message:

We didn't understand your request.
The request sent by your browser was missing some information. Please try again.

If the problem persists, we suggest that you close all browser windows, relaunch your browser, and log into Yahoo! Mail again. If you still have problems, please contact Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

I keep getting this message over and over and over. It's particularly becoming a pain for me as I have a document to translate that was sent as an e-mail attachment. But I can't even open the &&^%%%$$***&& e-mail!

I already contacted Yahoo. I have also tried re-booting my computer several times-no results. Any helpful suggestions out there????

Thanks.
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:10
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Yahoo! Oct 21, 2004

Ron Stelter wrote: It's particularly becoming a pain for me as I have a document to translate that was sent as an e-mail attachment. But I can't even open the &&^%%%$$***&& e-mail!

Do you have another email adress that you can forward it to? That's what I would do, but I can't remember if you can forward from the main menu (EDITED: I just looked, you can't forward them from the main menu; so if you can't open them, you might try what I explained below).

You could email (or call) your client and ask them to send it to a different email adress (one that works - there are plenty of free internet-based email offers like Yahoo).

Funny though, I let ProZ-mail run through a Yahoo account and I've been receiving my emails pretty well today (as far as I can tell).

[Edited at 2004-10-21 23:37]

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:40
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Do you have only one email id? Oct 21, 2004

It is strange. With so many email service providers around, why should you bother with only one? I have eight. My clients email attachments to more than one of them. For example the web.de is a good email service provider. You can register for it in minutes that too free of cost.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:10
Spanish to English
Is it a problem with your server? Oct 22, 2004

Just to say I've had no problem opening my Yahoo mail today.
Hope you find the solution soon

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
only some yahoo accounts Oct 22, 2004

I have three different yahoo email accounts and one of them was giving me this problem yesterday that you're talking about. I don't see anything you can do at the moment besides contacting yahoo help (which takes a bit of effort) and contacting the client to resend the email to a different account. I imagine yahoo will resolve this in the near future but it doesn't help you much today. Good luck.

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:40
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
When Yahoo is having glitsch, it affects all its accounts Oct 23, 2004

Is there only Yahhoo? We have laposte.net, web.de and so on, all freemails. As I already mentioned, I have eight, of which only two are feemails.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

David Green wrote:

I have three different yahoo email accounts and one of them was giving me this problem yesterday that you're talking about. I don't see anything you can do at the moment besides contacting yahoo help (which takes a bit of effort) and contacting the client to resend the email to a different account. I imagine yahoo will resolve this in the near future but it doesn't help you much today. Good luck.

Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:10
Member (2003)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yahoo seems to have rectified the problem Oct 24, 2004

I contacted the client, she resent the original e-mail and I was able to work on the document with minimal delay. Yahoo also seems to have fixed the problem by now. But it's definitely frustrating.

Ron

I have three different yahoo email accounts and one of them was giving me this problem yesterday that you're talking about. I don't see anything you can do at the moment besides contacting yahoo help (which takes a bit of effort) and contacting the client to resend the em
... See more
I contacted the client, she resent the original e-mail and I was able to work on the document with minimal delay. Yahoo also seems to have fixed the problem by now. But it's definitely frustrating.

Ron

[/quote]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open e-mails in Yahoo

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »