https://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/26230-seeking_a_technique_for_a_collective_mail_forwarding.html

seeking a technique for a collective mail forwarding
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 14:30
English to German
+ ...
Nov 1, 2004

Hello all!
Does anyone know a tool or a technique to selectively group the mail (for example, an outsourcer sends lots of mails during a translation project) My one mailbox being too small, I have to sort such mails and send to an archive (to a different mail account), where they would be chronologically grouped till the work is finished and invoices are balanced, which is when everything is over. I shall appreciate any or all hints, suggestions, helping hands.
Rgds,
Brandis

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Outlook Nov 1, 2004

Hello,
you can use Outlook for sort mails depending on text or e-Mail Adresses and move or copy these mails to a folder (p.e. in a seperate pst file).

You can use a mail server (p.e. VPOP3, www.pscs.co.uk) to manipulate E-mails with pre processors or to sort them.

With kind regards

Hans

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the help Nov 1, 2004

Hello Hans, I use outlook express, and get my domain mails directly. Now for the 2-3days something got jumbled up with the passwords and access codes (they neither didn get damanged, nor did I forget or change anything). Suddenly they all are accepting only one logon and one PW, and the outlook was demanding PW-authentication every minute. So I had redirected everything to an external account that was not big enough to take the load. Today as everything seems to function properly, I took up mail... See more
Hello Hans, I use outlook express, and get my domain mails directly. Now for the 2-3days something got jumbled up with the passwords and access codes (they neither didn get damanged, nor did I forget or change anything). Suddenly they all are accepting only one logon and one PW, and the outlook was demanding PW-authentication every minute. So I had redirected everything to an external account that was not big enough to take the load. Today as everything seems to function properly, I took up mails with outlook express and tried to redirect from the proz.mail. Since there were so many mails, I had to do foot work, ie., reading and directing to outlook to a outsourcer folder, that had costed a substantial amount of time. That´s how I got the idea, may be there is some tool that makes life easy in such situations. Thank you again.Collapse

frentur
frentur
Türkiye
Local time: 15:30
English to Turkish
+ ...
try this Nov 1, 2004

download and try:

http://www.analogx.com/files/lmproi.exe

hope it helps

regards

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
To Frentur.... Nov 2, 2004

Hi Frentur!

Thanks for the link - however it links directly to an executable (.exe), which are well known for being potential virus carriers. Could you tell us about the program before we run it on our machines?

Best,

Alison

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot use that program Nov 2, 2004

Hi! I couldn´t start it and for some reason it looked very troublesome. So I had immediately removed it. Additionally also that was not what I was looking for.
Thank you by all means,
Brandis

frentur
frentur
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
AnalogX Nov 2, 2004

Hi Allison,

a visit to home page www.analogx.com/wellcome.htm will lead to many free utilities including listmasterpro - this mailbox management tool.

enjoy

frentur
frentur
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
To Alison Nov 2, 2004

Sorry for the typo(

Frentur

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

seeking a technique for a collective mail forwarding

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »