keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:59
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 27, 2005

Hi! Colleagues,
Two days ago,I wrote a letter through Outlook Express 6 and also attached a file. All the operations done successfully but when I choose OPTION button, a massage box appears as 'MASSAGE SENDING FAILED'.Since then,whenever I connect to internet,on OE the connection fails! When I open Internet Explorer,the connection exists but when I open Outlook,the connection fails instantly.
I think to repair OE through uninstall-reinstall process,but I am afraid for the possibility
... See more
Hi! Colleagues,
Two days ago,I wrote a letter through Outlook Express 6 and also attached a file. All the operations done successfully but when I choose OPTION button, a massage box appears as 'MASSAGE SENDING FAILED'.Since then,whenever I connect to internet,on OE the connection fails! When I open Internet Explorer,the connection exists but when I open Outlook,the connection fails instantly.
I think to repair OE through uninstall-reinstall process,but I am afraid for the possibility of wiping out my inbox.
What I should do ? Please help me.
Collapse

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:29
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Is it really the internet connection? Feb 27, 2005

OE and IE usually share the same internet connection settings. Are you sure this is the problem? Have you checked your POP3 account settings for example?

Tell us about the error message that you see.

[Edited at 2005-02-27 08:53]

Christine Biloré
Christine Biloré  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:29
English to French
+ ...
Similar problem Feb 27, 2005

I also sometimes loose the connection with the mails sent to my hotmail address. I can get them if I open hotmail in a separate window but cannot open them in OE...while those sent to my other addresses open normally. I don't know what the problem is though...

keshab
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
it is internet connection Feb 27, 2005

Yes! It is Internet connection.And main problem is I can open IE but not OE.When I open IE,the connection exists but if I click OE, the connection fails instantly. Once it gives an error massage :
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.vsnl.net', Server: 'mail.vsnl.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F".
What does it
... See more
Yes! It is Internet connection.And main problem is I can open IE but not OE.When I open IE,the connection exists but if I click OE, the connection fails instantly. Once it gives an error massage :
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.vsnl.net', Server: 'mail.vsnl.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F".
What does it means? I always OE to receive massage.But it is true that I use another server to send massages because OE creates problems on sending massages.
Collapse

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:29
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
This is not the internet connection Feb 27, 2005

keshab wrote: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.vsnl.net', Server: 'mail.vsnl.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F". What does it means? I always OE to receive massage.But it is true that I use another server to send massages because OE creates problems on sending massages.

As the above message tells you, this is your connection to the POP3 email server not your internet connection. There is a protocol by which your OE (the client) logs on to the mail server, you can get that message when that protocol (or handshake) fails for one of many reasons.

First check your email account settings to see if you have checked "this server requires an SSL-secured connection" (this is Outlook's text, it may be slightly different in OE), email servers are rarely set up to require SSL. In any case, check that your SSL settings match the required settting for your server.

I assume you checked the basics, the POP server name (make sure the server for sending mail is not smtp.vsnl.net instead of mail.vsnl.net); your login name on the email server (some servers require just the (user id),, others require the whole email address (user id)@vsnl.ne for example); and of course your password, among other things.

Also check your personal fire wall settings to make sure you are not protecting your system from accessing your email server. If you do not have one, check Windows' firewall.

For a more comprehensive list of things that need checking, go to the following Microsoft Error handling page for Error 0x800CCC0F:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

HTH

Alaa

[Edited at 2005-02-28 15:12]

keshab
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Now it works! Feb 28, 2005

Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

First check your email account settings to see if you have checked "this server requires an SSL-secured connection" (this is Outlook's text, it may be slightly different in OE), email servers are rarely set up to require SSL. In any case, check that your SSL settings match the required settting for your server.

I assume you checked the basics, the POP server name (make sure the server for sending mail is not smtp.vsnl.net instead of mail.vsnl.net); your login name on the email server (some servers require just the , others require the whole email address @vsnl.ne for example); and of course your password, among other things.

The Outlook Express runs smoothly now.
Thanks Alaa.
Thanks everybody for help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connection fails on clicking to Outlook Express

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »