Yahoo showing 1 unread message, while there is none
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:30
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 4, 2005

I am facing a peculiar situation in my Yahoo e-mail account. It is showing 1 unread message since two months, while in fact, there is no such message. I have checked it minutely by looking at all the pages of Inbox. There is no unread mail in Bulk folder as well.

What may be the possible cause? How can I get rid of the same as it is somewhat annoying? Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2005-04-04 18:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

German to English
have you tried clicking on the "folders/edit" tab? Apr 4, 2005

sometimes this finds a message that's not been read but isn't showing in the inbox. otherwise, just write to yahoo customer support and I think they'll click something and make it go away.

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Possible solution Apr 4, 2005

Have you tried the option for showing only Unread Messages? Under “Inbox” you should see: “View: All messages”. Click the little arrow and select “Unread messages”. It worked for me. I hope it will work for you, too.

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Junk? Apr 5, 2005

I do not have a Yahoo! email account therefore I do not know what the typical folder structure is like in Yahoo!
But when I read your question I recalled a similar situation I faced once with my Hotmail account.
Finally I found the misterious unread message was in the junk email folder, where it had been automatically filtered into by the default settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yahoo showing 1 unread message, while there is none

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs