What happened to European sites of Yahoo?
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:43
Czech to German
+ ...
Jun 19, 2005

Hi,

all day long I tried to get into German Yahoo but did not succeed. When I use the U.S.-address everything's fine (and it tells me I have 3 mails) but I cannot read them as they are on the German server. It seems that more European countries are down, I just tried it with GB, Spain and several others.
Did anyone of you have similar problems?

Charlotte

Serkan Doğan
Serkan Doğan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:43
Turkish to English
+ ...
Characters Jun 19, 2005

In the last month, Turkish characters could not be read in yahoo mails and it inconveniences us. Do you know anything about it, is there any remedy?.

Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to Italian
+ ...
everything is fine on ... Jun 19, 2005

.....Yahoo Italy.
Anyway, why can't you read your e-mail accessing yahoo India, China, US or Canada? I have done it in the past when yahoo Italy was playing up, and it always worked.

Andrea

Charlotte Blank
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still the same... Jun 20, 2005

Andrea Re wrote:
.....Yahoo Italy.
Anyway, why can't you read your e-mail accessing yahoo India, China, US or Canada? I have done it in the past when yahoo Italy was playing up, and it always worked.
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

how did you manage to do that? Whenever I click on "mail" on the U.S.-site it starts loading the page but after a while tells me that "The operation timed out...". In My Yahoo I can see that there are mails but clicking them leads to the very same result. I cannot even get the German website. As I never had these problems before it's very strange!

Charlotte

PS This morning I tried another computer (not from my home) and there it was working fine so I'm really wondering what could have happened to mine!

Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Who knows???? Jun 20, 2005

I have just tried It, In, De and US and they all work fine. I really don't know what is wrong with your computer.

Sorry about that.

Andrea

Charlotte Blank
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here too! Jun 20, 2005

@ Andrea: It's working again - but why? So let's hope it will go on...

@ Serkan: I'm sorry, I did not have similar problems yet, maybe you should ask yahoo? The only thing I can think of is that your browser changed the encoding (mine does so sometimes - even with proz.com - and without my doing anything!).

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to European sites of Yahoo?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »