Anybody familiar with BeInSync?
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:52
Czech to German
+ ...
Oct 11, 2005

Hi all,

I just happened to come across a free program for remote access which - if it's really working as described - would be marvellous. Did anyone of you try it?
Here's the URL: http://www.beinsync.com

Charlotte

[Edited at 2005-10-11 09:54]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:52
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
It works Oct 11, 2005

Charlotte Blank wrote:

Hi all,

I just happened to come across a free program for remote access which - if it's really working as described - would be marvellous. Did anyone of you try it?
Here's the URL: http://www.beinsync.com

Charlotte

[Edited at 2005-10-11 09:54]

but only if the second computer is always switched on.

Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:52
Member (2003)
German to English
Don't hold me to this Oct 11, 2005

But I think it's full of spyware. At least I remember looking into it some months ago and not liking the reviews to that effect that I saw.

If you do use it, let us know how you like it!

good luck!

Steven

Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 08:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Have you looked into Ultr@vnc? Oct 11, 2005

Hi:
I use ultr@vnc. It works fairly well if you have a fast Internet connection.

Here is the summary from their web site:

"UltraVNC is an easy to use, fast and free sotware that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location."

You need to install it in your PC as well as in the pc you are going to use to connect. There is also a way to connect through a browser, but I found that too slow to be practical.

Check it out at: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Ricardo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody familiar with BeInSync?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs