Thread poster: Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
Local time: 10:25
English to French
Oct 11, 2005

Hi,

Is somebody can help me? I am looking for a beautiful list of agencies. I found it the other day but unfortunatly I lost it. That list was including all countries. There was a little flag beside the name of each agency name.

Thanks for your help,

Lise

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-12 09:55]

Elena Pavan
Elena Pavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:25
Member (2005)
French to Italian
+ ...
BB Oct 11, 2005

Why don't you try the Blue Board? Otherwise you can navigate on the Internet. I think we all started from that point!

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 11, 2005

I tried but the list that I found was concerning a lot of agencies from U.S.A. and Canada. So I am living in Canada.

Thanks for your advise.

Lise

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your help Oct 11, 2005

Hi,

I finally found it on my computer in my favorites but the name was commun. I was looking for that specific list because there is a flag in front of the agency name and you know where you send your C.V.

Have a nice day everybody. I think that there is over 1000 names with their addresses and their specialities. So it is easier to see which agency you will send your C.V. I do not want to work in legal translation but I have experience in medical, computer, health and
... See more
Hi,

I finally found it on my computer in my favorites but the name was commun. I was looking for that specific list because there is a flag in front of the agency name and you know where you send your C.V.

Have a nice day everybody. I think that there is over 1000 names with their addresses and their specialities. So it is easier to see which agency you will send your C.V. I do not want to work in legal translation but I have experience in medical, computer, health and safety, aeronautics, automotive and so on but not in legal.

Lise
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:25
Swedish to English
+ ...
Throw away the list Oct 11, 2005

This is not what you want to hear, but sending your CV to 1000 agencies is not such a good idea. For a start, this scatter-gun approach may bring some replies, but most agencies just bin these random messages.

The next problem is that you do not know anything about these agencies - their track record, their payment practices, their financial problems, their legal contracts, how they treat translators.

Much better to follow the excellent suggestion from Elena Pavan - do
... See more
This is not what you want to hear, but sending your CV to 1000 agencies is not such a good idea. For a start, this scatter-gun approach may bring some replies, but most agencies just bin these random messages.

The next problem is that you do not know anything about these agencies - their track record, their payment practices, their financial problems, their legal contracts, how they treat translators.

Much better to follow the excellent suggestion from Elena Pavan - do some research on the Internet and the Blue Board, and select agencies that need your skills and have reassuring references on the Blue Board. Then send individually adapted CVs and personal messages to the agencies you want to work for and who want to work with you.
Collapse

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 11, 2005

It is surely a good advise. But my question on the BLUE BOARD is it all the agencies who pass thru Proz.com. If YES is it whothy to send them a resume?

Thanks for the answer,

Lise

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:25
English to German
+ ...
Check the Blue Board FAQ Oct 11, 2005

Hi Lise,
It is surely a good advise. But my question on the BLUE BOARD is it all the agencies who pass thru Proz.com.

Have a look at the Blue Board FAQ:

What is the Blue Board?

We'll explain in a roundabout way. First of all, any ProZ.com member can enter a number from 1 to 5 corresponding to his or her likelihood of working again with a given outsourcer (ie. client or translation company/agency). By way of explanation, the member can also enter a line of text along with the number. In response, the outsourcer may enter a line of text of his/her/its own.

The Blue Board is the complete, searchable database of the records containing these entries and replies, along with outsourcer coordinates.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 11, 2005

I will do it right now.

Have a nice day

Lise

[Edited at 2005-10-11 20:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for list of agencies

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »