Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:27
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Jan 30, 2006

I was introduced to this service by a fellow translator and it seems rather interesting. I've not used it yet but thought to share the link.

VoipStunt
http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html
Claims to provide free landline telephone calls to a number of destinations:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
China
Croatia
... See more
I was introduced to this service by a fellow translator and it seems rather interesting. I've not used it yet but thought to share the link.

VoipStunt
http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html
Claims to provide free landline telephone calls to a number of destinations:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
China
Croatia
Cyprus
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Kingdom
United States
Collapse

Joanna Krahelska
Joanna Krahelska
Local time: 13:27
Polish to English
+ ...
confirm Jan 30, 2006

tested the thing: it works (strangely enough)
the best, jk

Dan Butuza
Dan Butuza  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:27
English to Romanian
Tested also Jan 30, 2006

It works, but your free calls to landline regular phones are restricted to 1 min duration, and you have to buy a credit of 10 euros to get free unlimited calls to these phones. They only accept card payment, Paypal and Moneybookers.
Dan

Joanna Krahelska
Joanna Krahelska
Polish to English
+ ...
it's not that bad anyway ;) Jan 30, 2006

Dan Butuza wrote:

It works, but your free calls to landline regular phones are restricted to 1 min duration, and you have to buy a credit of 10 euros to get free unlimited calls to these phones. They only accept card payment, Paypal and Moneybookers.
Dan

the 10 euros are enough for 120 days of using the free calls option and the "in" number, and at the end of that period one only has to make several paid calls and pay another 10 euros to go on
not that bad compared to other similar offers!
the best, jk

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mirror site? Jan 30, 2006

This site is exactly the same (at least in concept and format) with voipbuster.com. You buy 10 (used to be 5 Euros) Euros' credit and started to call free phones. And they gradually began to kick out some of the free countries from the list and later some more. But this could be a win-win solution.

BTW, just checked; they are from the same company.

[Edited at 2006-01-30 10:21]

Tina Jylhä
Tina Jylhä  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
seems to work better than skype Feb 6, 2006

Thanks for the valuable tip.
I downloaded Voipstunt and it seems to work better than Skype.
With Skype I had problems nonstop:
When I needed to buy some credit for urgent phone calls, they suddenly did not accept my payment methods. They also did not accept my payments 50% of the times I wanted to buy credit. They dont answer service requests either.
I have started to suspect that Skype tries to oblige you to start using all kinds of different payment services.
... See more
Thanks for the valuable tip.
I downloaded Voipstunt and it seems to work better than Skype.
With Skype I had problems nonstop:
When I needed to buy some credit for urgent phone calls, they suddenly did not accept my payment methods. They also did not accept my payments 50% of the times I wanted to buy credit. They dont answer service requests either.
I have started to suspect that Skype tries to oblige you to start using all kinds of different payment services.

I really hope Voipstunt will not start dropping out free-to-call countries, because Im happy with it so far (one weeks experience...)
Does anyone by the way know, if there is any similar company with which it would be completely free of charge or as cheap as possible to call international mobile phone numbers?

Have a nice day everyone,
Tina

[Edited at 2006-02-06 15:17]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VoipStunt

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »