Thread poster: Angel_7
Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:29
French to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2006

I notice that www.1and1.co.uk offer a Website Building design package, the main attraction for me being that you can use it and update it without any programming knowledge. I have been offered a website package with my local business enterprise unit (Invest NI), lasting for one year (because I am a business start up). The package with Invest NI looks good at first glance for a non-techie like me. However, I wil... See more
I notice that www.1and1.co.uk offer a Website Building design package, the main attraction for me being that you can use it and update it without any programming knowledge. I have been offered a website package with my local business enterprise unit (Invest NI), lasting for one year (because I am a business start up). The package with Invest NI looks good at first glance for a non-techie like me. However, I will not be able to update it and will have to rethink after one year anyway - hence, the interest in www.1and1.co.uk. The lady at Invest NI said she isn't aware of their product and can't advise me, but she is wary of such website packages generally. Is anyone aware of what the package offered by this website is like?Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:29
German to English
1and1 in the US Mar 14, 2006

Unless I'm mistaken, 1and1 is a German-based company doing business in the UK and the US. I've used their hosting services for a couple of years now and have been satisfied.

They send you a package on a CD that includes various utilities for managing a web site. You're not limited to using their programs, however, and can construct a web page using your own tools. (If you use Mozilla, for example, there is an HTML composer included as a module)

They make it relatively s
... See more
Unless I'm mistaken, 1and1 is a German-based company doing business in the UK and the US. I've used their hosting services for a couple of years now and have been satisfied.

They send you a package on a CD that includes various utilities for managing a web site. You're not limited to using their programs, however, and can construct a web page using your own tools. (If you use Mozilla, for example, there is an HTML composer included as a module)

They make it relatively simple, and you don't need any programming skills. However, accessing your web page to modify it takes careful reading of the instruction materials.

Another advantage of 1and1 (at least in the US) is that they apply for a domain for you and renew it automatically (not free of charge of course).
Collapse

Sherey Gould
Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
German to English
happy 1&1 experience in both DE and US Mar 15, 2006

I agree with everything Kevin said - I first discovered and used 1und1 while still living in Germany and then after moving back to the US in 2002, am now using their US version.
While I've never used any other hosting provider, I am extremely satisfied with 1&1 and all the services they provide (and they do make the whole experience and process extremely easy) and thus never even thought to shop around.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

www.1and1.co.uk

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »