https://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/43948-ie_is_loaded_twice.html

IE is loaded twice
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 02:10
English to German
+ ...
Mar 18, 2006

Hi!
as I see in the task manager, but I have opened only one window. Both loads take about 40.000 bytes, which means somewhere some extra amount of the memory is being used by the IE even when not loaded. This may be a reason, why I fee that my system is kind of slower . How to go around it? I shall appreciate all helping hints. Best regards, Brandis

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
Two windows. Mar 18, 2006

Most likely you have (inadvertently) opened two windows but only one is displayed (full screen). To check what really is running you should open the 'Processes' tab in Task manager. Click 'Image name' to sort and scroll to 'iexplore.exe. You will probably find that it is running in only one instance.

Another possibility is that there is another user loggen in who has IE opened. Then ......

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Spyware, browser hijacking, other nasties Mar 20, 2006

Check for them using the usual tools. Some site you visited (not even necessarily that kind of site) may have installed a piece of garbage which, for example, connects somewhere each time you start IE and the site owner earns money for each hit.

Check the autostart for any other suspects.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no two windows Mar 20, 2006

PAS wrote:

Check for them using the usual tools. Some site you visited (not even necessarily that kind of site) may have installed a piece of garbage which, for example, connects somewhere each time you start IE and the site owner earns money for each hit.

Check the autostart for any other suspects.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Jeklin! however whaqt skalinski says is probable. Actually I wanted to know how many make this kind of experience. You see you have a providerĀ“s website, which by default will be loaded, because that was how you have definied " whenever i start IE I see this intro page of a particular site" Cookies issue I think . But the question still is persistant, IE was never loaded twice in the past whether or no cookies or paid websites etc., but now. I was wondering more about the change in the technology of how pepole make their web sites is only one aspect. what would happen on a much smaller comp. with lot more limited resources, would the IE still be loaded twice. It is always the same, when I open 5-6 of my standard sites there is an IE extra loaded into the memory, that just stays there and takes away about 40 MB then the second site and the third etc., I thought more or less or was seeking people who have seen or experience similar phenomenon. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IE is loaded twice

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »