Looking for free fax-to-email service
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 25, 2006

Hi all,

I think this has been discussed before, but I can't find the topic.

I am looking for a free service that would allow me to send and receive (or, at least, receive) faxes in my e-mail inbox. Does any of you know of any reliable one?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jero

[Edited at 2006-03-25 14:39]

Luis Zepeda
Luis Zepeda
United States
Local time: 03:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fax Service Mar 25, 2006

A reliable service for sending and receiving faxes is listed below. It is not free, but the closest to being free. You can also store the faxes there until you wish to retrieve them or send them

www.trustfax.com

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can also try Mar 25, 2006

www.callwave.com

I have been using their free faxing service for years...

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
To receive... Mar 25, 2006

definitely www.efax.com, it's free and the only catch is that you can get a foreign phone number assigned (mostly USA, which may be good from your purposes, it all depends where the client is located).

To send, www.fax1.com charges per page instead of per month, and again, I find the rates reasonable for USA (0.12 per page), although is definitely more expensive for other countries (
... See more
definitely www.efax.com, it's free and the only catch is that you can get a foreign phone number assigned (mostly USA, which may be good from your purposes, it all depends where the client is located).

To send, www.fax1.com charges per page instead of per month, and again, I find the rates reasonable for USA (0.12 per page), although is definitely more expensive for other countries (0.69 per page to Argentina).

[Edited at 2006-03-25 20:13]
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
but seems it's no longer free Mar 25, 2006

mónica alfonso wrote:

www.callwave.com

I have been using their free faxing service for years...

Looked at the link you provided and saw this:

Get CallWave Fax FREE for the first month, then just $7.95 per month. We won't share your personal information.

*Registration information is used to provide you with a custom fax number in your area. You'll have 30 days to use your fax number before being charged. Keep it and pay just $7.95 per month. Cancel within 30 days and pay nothing. No credit card required. By submitting this information, you are agreeing to CallWave's Terms of Service.

Gad Harel
Gad Harel
Israel
Local time: 13:01
English to German
+ ...
free is nothing in this world but if you have a fax card you can send and recive faxes Mar 26, 2006

Hi to all,

everyone who wants to send /receive faxes at her/his PC
can do so. All what you need is:

a telephone line may be spitted with a splitter for the DSL connection
a fax card from the type TAPI Compliant Fax modem Group III
and the program FAX2000

http://www.fax2000.com/Default.htm

runs in Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000 and
it
... See more
Hi to all,

everyone who wants to send /receive faxes at her/his PC
can do so. All what you need is:

a telephone line may be spitted with a splitter for the DSL connection
a fax card from the type TAPI Compliant Fax modem Group III
and the program FAX2000

http://www.fax2000.com/Default.htm

runs in Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000 and
it works with Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora and Netscape Messenger.

you invest once and that's it no trouble with any provider etc. or charges etc.

for any further questions email to me off-line
Collapse

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 06:01
English
Innoport is good. Mar 26, 2006

Rossana Triaca wrote:

I had the eFax free account for a long time. One day I received a fax that took me a couple of pages over my limit, and they immediately shut me down, and told me I would have to upgrade to the business account, or leave ... I took the latter.

I went with www.innoport.com; a toll-free number is $8 a month, no per-page charge. Also, I find their Web interface very professional ... and it's even Mac friendly.

Rosasana: US to Argentina is 13 cents on Innoport.

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
Free meals :) Mar 26, 2006

I went with www.innoport.com; a toll-free number is $8 a month

A toll-free number sounds good, but last year I received the grand total of 2 one-paged faxes and sent only one. 32 bucks per sheet is a little steep to me

Obviously it depends on the usage you foresee for the service and the type of clients you have; for now I'll remain on the free side but, thanks for the word of caution, I'll monitor my usage of efax just in case.

GregSmith
GregSmith
Local time: 12:01
French to English
+ ...
eFax con! Mar 20, 2007

Rossana Triaca wrote:

definitely www.efax.com, it's free and the only catch is that you can get a foreign phone number assigned

I'm a year late but thought I'd add my 2c for posterity -

I got eFax because I only get/send a fax about once or twice a year. That once just happened - I got an eFax e-mail with fax attached... but to be able read it or convert it to PDF I had to sign up to their Pro account!!!

I don't like the sleazy backdoor 'marketing' style so have removed eFax from all my references.

It may well be worthwhile for large volume clients, I don't know.

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
I come a year late, but... Mar 26, 2007

Rossana Triaca wrote:

To send, www.fax1.com charges per page instead of per month, and again, I find the rates reasonable for USA (0.12 per page), although is definitely more expensive for other countries (0.69 per page to Argentina).

[Edited at 2006-03-25 20:13]

Thanks for this tip, it was a lifesaver (well, a job-saver anyway)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for free fax-to-email service

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »