Internet connection in Bulgaria
Thread poster: Béatrice Leclercq

Béatrice Leclercq  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:57
French to German
+ ...
Apr 6, 2006

Hello dear colleagues, I will soon travel to Bulgaria and stay at our friends' house. They have a normal landline (no DSL or ISDN). I will take my laptop with me and want to connect to Internet via modem.

Now I wonder: Is there a good and reliable Internet service provider for Bulgaria you can recommend me? I will not be there for a long time, only a few days, and all I need is a "call by call" connection, so that I have to pay only for the time I actually have been connected to Internet.

Maybe you also know what it costs approximately?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations (it would be great to get some links, so that I can prepare this before going abroad).

You can answer in English, German, French or Bulgarian, depending on what you prefer (I don't know if this is o.k. with the forum rules, but for me, it would be o.k.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Prepaid cards Apr 6, 2006

Bйatrice Leclercq wrote:

Hello dear colleagues, I will soon travel to Bulgaria and stay at our friends' house. They have a normal landline (no DSL or ISDN). I will take my laptop with me and want to connect to Internet via modem.

Now I wonder: Is there a good and reliable Internet service provider for Bulgaria you can recommend me? I will not be there for a long time, only a few days, and all I need is a "call by call" connection, so that I have to pay only for the time I actually have been connected to Internet.

Maybe you also know what it costs approximately?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations (it would be great to get some links, so that I can prepare this before going abroad).

You can answer in English, German, French or Bulgarian, depending on what you prefer (I don't know if this is o.k. with the forum rules, but for me, it would be o.k.)

Hi Bйatrice!

One of possibilities is to buy prepaid e-cards - they have different nominal values (i.e. 6, 10, 15 BGN) and use them.
The cost per minute varies, depending on ISP, but usualy the normal one is about 0,40 - 0,60 BGN/per minute.
You can take a look at www.spnet.net, www.homelan.bg or just use Google in order to find your ISP - there are a lot of them...:)

Béatrice Leclercq  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:57
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 6, 2006

Hello AmusedNath,

thank you for your quick reply. I checked both links and I think spnet offers just what I was looking for. The prepaid cards are also interesting, but maybe I will rather choose "БЕЗПЛАТЕН DIAL-UP ИНТЕРНЕТ ДОСТЪП". So I can connect to the Internet whenever I want or need to and just have to pay the usual telephone fees for селищен разговор за достъп до други фиксирани мрежи по тарифите на БТК.

I especially liked the following slogan

Понякога да се возиш в S класа е безплатно!

Any further recommendations from other members/users are welcome, of course!

Greetings from Germany to Bulgaria!

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Понякога да се возиш в S класа е безплатно! Apr 6, 2006

Bйatrice Leclercq wrote:

Hello AmusedNath,

thank you for your quick reply. I checked both links and I think spnet offers just what I was looking for. The prepaid cards are also interesting, but maybe I will rather choose "БЕЗПЛАТЕН DIAL-UP ИНТЕРНЕТ ДОСТЪП". So I can connect to the Internet whenever I want or need to and just have to pay the usual telephone fees for селищен разговор за достъп до други фиксирани мрежи по тарифите на БТК.

I especially liked the following slogan

Понякога да се возиш в S класа е безплатно!

Any further recommendations from other members/users are welcome, of course!

Greetings from Germany to Bulgaria!

Spnet is my one of my preferred ISP as well!:)
Enjoy your time in Bulgaria!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet connection in Bulgaria

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs