Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 07:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 15, 2006

I am very new to Yahoo Messanger.
What I have to do if I want people to know for how long I have been idle?
Thanks, Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

Galina F
United States
Local time: 06:35
English to Russian
+ ...
It is simple Nov 15, 2006

Ines,
you choose the "Messenger" in the main window of Yahoo Messenger, then go to Preferences - Privacy, check the Idle Status and choose the quantity of minutes (Show me as "Idle" if I don't use the computer for ... minutes).
I hope it helps.
Galina

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 07:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still I have a question. Nov 16, 2006

OK. My question is why do I see sometimes the photo of a friend and how long he has been he has been idle and sometimes I only see that he is offline? How does he manage to show this? Thanks and regards, Ines

Galina F
United States
Local time: 06:35
English to Russian
+ ...
ok Nov 17, 2006

Hi Ines,
when your friend signs in as visible and is idle for some time you can see his/her pic and the time of being idle.

When he/she is offline you see him or her as being offline.

Also he might seem to be offline if he signs in as being offline.
You choose it - sign as online, offline and permanently offline (kind of this).

Another feature - for example, there is someone in your list of messenger you do not want to talk for now. So you click with the right button of your mouse on the nick of that person, choose Stealth settings and choose from 3 positions: Available, Offline, Permanently Offline.

When I first downloaded the yahoo messenger I watched its interactive manual and it helped me much.

All the best,
Galina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions about Yahoo Messanger

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs