Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 06:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 15, 2006

I am very new to Yahoo Messanger.
What I have to do if I want people to know for how long I have been idle?
Thanks, Ines

Galina F
Galina F
United States
Local time: 05:16
English to Russian
+ ...
It is simple Nov 15, 2006

Ines,
you choose the "Messenger" in the main window of Yahoo Messenger, then go to Preferences - Privacy, check the Idle Status and choose the quantity of minutes (Show me as "Idle" if I don't use the computer for ... minutes).
I hope it helps.
Galina

Local time: 06:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still I have a question. Nov 16, 2006

OK. My question is why do I see sometimes the photo of a friend and how long he has been he has been idle and sometimes I only see that he is offline? How does he manage to show this? Thanks and regards, Ines

Galina F
Galina F
United States
Local time: 05:16
English to Russian
+ ...
ok Nov 17, 2006

Hi Ines,
when your friend signs in as visible and is idle for some time you can see his/her pic and the time of being idle.

When he/she is offline you see him or her as being offline.

Also he might seem to be offline if he signs in as being offline.
You choose it - sign as online, offline and permanently offline (kind of this).

Another feature - for example, there is someone in your list of messenger you do not want to talk for now. So you clic
... See more
Hi Ines,
when your friend signs in as visible and is idle for some time you can see his/her pic and the time of being idle.

When he/she is offline you see him or her as being offline.

Also he might seem to be offline if he signs in as being offline.
You choose it - sign as online, offline and permanently offline (kind of this).

Another feature - for example, there is someone in your list of messenger you do not want to talk for now. So you click with the right button of your mouse on the nick of that person, choose Stealth settings and choose from 3 positions: Available, Offline, Permanently Offline.

When I first downloaded the yahoo messenger I watched its interactive manual and it helped me much.

All the best,
Galina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions about Yahoo Messanger

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »