Where can I download Dreamweaver 4.0?
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 03:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2007

I have an old PC with Windows 98. Now I am trying to download Dreamweaver 4.0 (I was told that this version is suitable for my PC). Where can I find that version in the internet? Is it safe to download software from the internet, regarding virus issues? Thanks and regards. Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:36
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
From Adobe, maybe! Mar 11, 2007

Dreamweaver and the rest of the Macromedia products are now owned by Adobe. I know you can download recent versions from there. However, for Ver. 4, you may have a better chance looking into e-Bay, Amazon.com, and other internet retailers for used copies.

While downloading software from known sites (given that you have some security suite running) should be safe enough, I think that you are taking chances with the security of your system and your privacy by staying with Win 98, not only because you would be behind on Windows security, but also because the apps running on 98 will not be up-to-date.

HTH.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:36
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dreamweaver is not freeware Mar 12, 2007

Hi,

Alaa is absolutely right.

OK, if you're looking for pirated/cracked software, just launch you your favourite Bittorrent tracker and you might just find what you want.

But genuine licenses for legacy versions like 4.0 are dirt cheap anyway, and can probably be picked up on ebay for a handful of USD. If you intent to use it professionally, I'd say it's worth it...

/Jan

Éric Cléach  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
English to French
Macromedia used to offer old versions for free Mar 13, 2007

Well, as far as I can remember, Macromedia used to offer free copies of Dreamweaver 3.0 (or v2?), when the current version was MX 2004, I think. I'm not sure this offer is still valid, though.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Spend a few bucks... Mar 15, 2007

Hi all,

What you get for free is a 30-day trial of the recent versions (legacy doesn't seem to be available online anymore).

So the only way to get hold of this, if you want to do it the legal way, is to spend a few bucks. As I said, the CD can be had for less than 5 USD on ebay:
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&saaff=afdefault&sacur=0&fcl=3&frpp=200&from=R10&saslop=1&fss=1&satitle=dreamweaver%204%20-(train*%2Cteach*%2Ccompatible%2Ctutor*%2Cmastering%29&sacat=18793%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&fis=2&price=1&saprclo=&saprchi=12&salic=-15&fhlc=1&fsop=3%26fsoo%3D1

/Jan

absciarretta  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:36
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
A free alternative... Apr 20, 2007

There is a free alternative to Dreamweaver that is powerful enough for even seasoned users and simple enough for newbies: NVU

Here is the link: http://www.download.com/Nvu/3000-2048_4-10412422.html?tag=lst-0-1

I use this program myself.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I download Dreamweaver 4.0?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs