Thread poster: Rafa Lombardino

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 12:46
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 25, 2007

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with it, but we've just come across Sdictionary, which is a free open-source glossary manager available for (as far as I know) Windows, Linux, and some cell phone interfaces.

Here's the link for you to check it out:

If you use Babylon glossaries, you can add them to the system too. It's a little trickier, but if you put your mind to it or pick your geeky friend's brain I'm sure you can make it!

Just to give you an idea, I'm running this program on the background in a Linux machine right now and, as I highlight a word on the post I'm writing, a small box appears next to my cursor showing me Spanish suggestions for such word. When you open the program window, you can see many more options.

Well, I hope you enjoy this little application.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open-source glossary manager

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs