https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/117530-self_preparation_for_the_fcice.html

Self-preparation for the FCICE
Thread poster: hfp
hfp
hfp
United States
Local time: 07:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

Hey, everyone. I am interested in knowing what would be the best way, or at least a good way, to self prepare for the FCICE. I am a United States citizen (born and raised in North Carolina), but I am studying in Santiago, Chile right now, and I'm not sure I will have the time to take a class that will specifically prepare for the oral and written parts of the FCICE before the next exam will be given. Therefore, I will most likely need to prepare for the test on my own down here in Chile. Hav... See more
Hey, everyone. I am interested in knowing what would be the best way, or at least a good way, to self prepare for the FCICE. I am a United States citizen (born and raised in North Carolina), but I am studying in Santiago, Chile right now, and I'm not sure I will have the time to take a class that will specifically prepare for the oral and written parts of the FCICE before the next exam will be given. Therefore, I will most likely need to prepare for the test on my own down here in Chile. Have any of you prepared for the test on your own and passed it? Does it seem possible? I hope soCollapse

Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:25
English to Italian
+ ...
English speakers and acronyms: love at first sight Oct 9, 2008

Hi : )
if you explain the acronym you might receive more replies.
Regards,
Barbara

hfp
hfp
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry Oct 9, 2008

Sorry

I am referring to the Federal Court Interpreter Certification Examination given in the United States for English and Spanish.

Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 04:25
English to Russian
+ ...
Try ACEBO Oct 10, 2008

Try ordering self-study materials from http://www.acebo.com/ - they are good for both California State Exam and FCICE exam. I'm using them myself, and I cannot praise them too highly. Hopefully, they'll ship to Chile - ask them

Good luck!

hfp
hfp
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
acebo Oct 11, 2008

Alexandra Goldburt wrote:

Try ordering self-study materials from http://www.acebo.com/ - they are good for both California State Exam and FCICE exam. I'm using them myself, and I cannot praise them too highly. Hopefully, they'll ship to Chile - ask them

Good luck!

Thanks, Alexandra. I have been looking at the materials on that website and they really do seem helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Self-preparation for the FCICE

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »