http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_ObeOTjHA

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
MITI website? Jun 17, 2011

From the Fluency website:

To learn more about the MITI Test™ We encourage you to visit our sister website at www.mititest.com

But... www.mititest.com is not up and running (El dominio mititest.com está en venta/ the domain is for sale) Very strange... Does anybody know where I can find more details?
... See more
From the Fluency website:

To learn more about the MITI Test™ We encourage you to visit our sister website at www.mititest.com

But... www.mititest.com is not up and running (El dominio mititest.com está en venta/ the domain is for sale) Very strange... Does anybody know where I can find more details? Thanks.
Collapse

Amy Moreno
Amy Moreno
Local time: 07:59
English
+ ...
No recognised test? Jun 17, 2011

Thanks for sharing the link It was interesting to see other ways we can be tested as interpreters.

Is there no recognised test in the USA for medical interpreting? In the UK we have the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) with a Medical option. (There is also a Legal option and a Local Government option).

Glenda Janssen
Glenda Janssen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Strange... Jun 19, 2011

This seems an advertisement for something that doesn't exist... But there is a need for it! I think especially small agencies would benefit from this product.

I am a Medical Interpreter, and I have a certification through the agencies I work for. This certification is based on the recommendations of the NCIHC. As far as I know, the NCIHC has been pushing for national certification in the field, and hence has helped create the CCHI. However, there are no real national standards. Some
... See more
This seems an advertisement for something that doesn't exist... But there is a need for it! I think especially small agencies would benefit from this product.

I am a Medical Interpreter, and I have a certification through the agencies I work for. This certification is based on the recommendations of the NCIHC. As far as I know, the NCIHC has been pushing for national certification in the field, and hence has helped create the CCHI. However, there are no real national standards. Some states require certification, and there are some bodies, like the CCHI, that offer certification.

It seems there is a need for some sort of better-coordinated effort to make standards and practices more uniform nationwide.
Collapse

link Jul 12, 2011

Check this link out, they have information regarding medical interpreting certification in the states. Test locations, prices, resourses, etc...

http://www.certifiedmedicalinterpreters.org/

Alekz
www.certifiedcourtinterpreters.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Medical interpreter test

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »