Thread poster: natalykelly
natalykelly
natalykelly

Local time: 12:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Colleagues,

I wanted to make you aware of a new free monthly e-mail newsletter for interpreters, called "The Interpreter's Launch Pad."

All new subscribers will receive a digital copy of the book, "Telephone Interpreting: A Comprehensive Guide to the Profession" automatically upon sign-up.

More information and a sample issue can be viewed at www.interprenaut.com.
... See more
Colleagues,

I wanted to make you aware of a new free monthly e-mail newsletter for interpreters, called "The Interpreter's Launch Pad."

All new subscribers will receive a digital copy of the book, "Telephone Interpreting: A Comprehensive Guide to the Profession" automatically upon sign-up.

More information and a sample issue can be viewed at www.interprenaut.com.

Thank you,
Nataly
Collapse

Lina Elhage-Mensching
Lina Elhage-Mensching  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:17
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Jul 4, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for the information

Eddy Wong
Eddy Wong  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:17
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Thank you Nataly Jul 5, 2011

I will definitely look into it.
Cheers!

Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:17
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Nataly Jul 5, 2011

Thanks for the link.

natalykelly
natalykelly

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're welcome! Jul 5, 2011

Marina, Eddie, and Lina -- it's my pleasure! I hope you will enjoy it!

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:17
Flemish to English
+ ...
Kurzweil Jul 6, 2011

Your interview with Kurzweil was instructive. Apparently, Kurzweil and most of the outside world does not know the difference between translation and interpreting and uses one word "translation".

polskiexpert
polskiexpert
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:17
Member (2010)
Polish to English
+ ...
thank you Jul 20, 2011

Thanks Nataly. Very helpful indeed (LL12767)

natalykelly
natalykelly

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 20, 2011

Williamson wrote:

Your interview with Kurzweil was instructive. Apparently, Kurzweil and most of the outside world does not know the difference between translation and interpreting and uses one word "translation".

I appreciate that!

Yes, in the speech technology field, it's common to see references to "speech translation." I've often used "machine interpretation" instead, to emphasize the spoken language aspects of automating interpretation; however, the technologies are usually mash-ups that actually employ machine translation as part of the process. So, I think many technologists/futurists like Kurzweil use the term "translation" as a blanket term.

natalykelly
natalykelly

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My pleasure Jul 20, 2011

Hi Marcin - my pleasure, and hope you'll enjoy it.

Thank you! Jul 20, 2011

Thank you for the link! I've found several resources in your newsletters that I didn't have before.

I will add a link to your website on our forum, and post some of the resources there as well.

Very useful and informative!

Alekz
www.certifiedcourtinterpreters.net

natalykelly
natalykelly

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Glad you are enjoying the newsletter! Jul 21, 2011

Alekz,

Thank you so much! I am glad you are finding it useful. There are so many great resources I've encountered over the years that I hope others will enjoy, and I encourage interpreters to send more, too.

Look for more resources in the upcoming August issue, which should go out toward the middle of the month.

Thanks!
Nataly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free book on interpreting + free newsletter for interpreters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »