Mobile menu

New in the forum. Question: how can I get email notice of forum postings?
Thread poster: Teresa Lagos

Teresa Lagos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

Hello!
A friend has told me about a forum for interpreters... I am so glad this exists.. because I was looking for one... ( I am still a student, but close to the end : ) )
I have a question... Can´t we receive the messages in our email account... going though this web I haven´t find that option... I would be much easier..
Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Teresa

Direct link Reply with quote

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hola and bienvenida Apr 13, 2004

You may be notified through your mail by clicking on the "track" option for the forum.

Cheers,

JL

1. Go to the main forum page. In this case http://www.proz.com/forum/67

2. Top right corner of the screen, below the top horizontal menu >> "Your Email Tracking" function is there.

Cheers,

JL

From the Q&A (http://www.proz.com/?sp=faq#forum_tracking )

How can I receive notification of new forum postings (forum tracking)?
Notification of new forum postings is available to all registered members.

Tracking forums
To enable forum tracking for an entire forum, use the options in the right hand column on the main forum page ('Forums' link in the menu, click here). You have three choices for each forum:

Selecting 'New threads' will enable notification when new topics are posted. 'All new posts' will enable notification both for new topics and for all new posts. Selecting 'Off' will disable all notifications for that forum. When you're finished making your choices, use the Track button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.

Tracking single threads
To track a single thread (when you are not tracking the forum it belongs to, for example), simply click the '[Track thread]' link at the top of the page when viewing the thread. When tracking is enabled, the link will change to '[Stop tracking thread]', which you can use to stop tracking.

Can I receive the full text of the postings in the notifications?
No. Due to bandwidth considerations, only an excerpt of the text of the post is included in the notification email

[Edited at 2004-04-13 15:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New in the forum. Question: how can I get email notice of forum postings?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs