Mobile menu

New in the forum. Question: how can I get email notice of forum postings?
Thread poster: Teresa Lagos

Teresa Lagos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

A friend has told me about a forum for interpreters... I am so glad this exists.. because I was looking for one... ( I am still a student, but close to the end : ) )
I have a question... Can´t we receive the messages in our email account... going though this web I haven´t find that option... I would be much easier..
Thank you in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hola and bienvenida Apr 13, 2004

You may be notified through your mail by clicking on the "track" option for the forum.

1. Go to the main forum page. In this case

2. Top right corner of the screen, below the top horizontal menu >> "Your Email Tracking" function is there.

From the Q&A ( )

How can I receive notification of new forum postings (forum tracking)?
Notification of new forum postings is available to all registered members.

Tracking forums
To enable forum tracking for an entire forum, use the options in the right hand column on the main forum page ('Forums' link in the menu, click here). You have three choices for each forum:

Selecting 'New threads' will enable notification when new topics are posted. 'All new posts' will enable notification both for new topics and for all new posts. Selecting 'Off' will disable all notifications for that forum. When you're finished making your choices, use the Track button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.

Tracking single threads
To track a single thread (when you are not tracking the forum it belongs to, for example), simply click the '[Track thread]' link at the top of the page when viewing the thread. When tracking is enabled, the link will change to '[Stop tracking thread]', which you can use to stop tracking.

Can I receive the full text of the postings in the notifications?
No. Due to bandwidth considerations, only an excerpt of the text of the post is included in the notification email

[Edited at 2004-04-13 15:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New in the forum. Question: how can I get email notice of forum postings?

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs