3-day in depth French interpretation seminar
Thread poster: N.M. Eklund

N.M. Eklund  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2004

( Note to moderator: I wasn't sure in which forum to post this, French, Interpretation, or Professional Development )

Hello everybody, I just found something interesting for those looking for some basic training and in starting out interpreting or perfecting their techniques.

Before deciding on a more formal education, I've been looking for something that gives me a good idea of the interpreting field's how to's. This way I can see if I have the necessary skills to expand into it from translation.
If any of you are like me, you'd like the idea of this seminar, held in Paris.

I found it on the following website

It is a 3-day seminar that discusses in depth the different kinds of interpretation and it's application. It seems well thought out and is targeted at interpreters with little or moderate experience looking to perfect their techniques.

An extra plus for those of us who freelance in France, this seminar qualifies for funding from URSSAF (FIF PL in particular).
This means, if you've been paying your URSSAF contributions for being a freelance, you should have also paid a 40 euro contribution to the professional training fund. This makes you eligible training/education/seminar reimbursement.

The seminar takes place June 23-25 2005, so if you want Urssaf to pick up the tab, you should get your file in order.

Hope this helps someone!

PS, If this interests someone, let me know. Maybe we could meet up beforehand.

[Edited at 2004-10-29 13:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

Elena Simonelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Dec 10, 2004

Thank you N.M., I found it quite interesting.
I might be taking part actyally, I would like to learn more about interpreting and I really need to refresh my French moreover.
Maybe I'll see you there.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

3-day in depth French interpretation seminar

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs