https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/26983-master_in_conference_interpretation_in_tenerife.html

Master in Conference Interpretation in Tenerife
Thread poster: Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2004

Hi everyone,

I would like to hear from those of you who have attented this master at the university of La Laguna in Tenerife, Spain or/and from those who have any information about it.
After a week of simultaneous interpretation, I am thinking of pursuing a career in this field, so this programme (which covers my native language, Slovene, too!) would be perfect.
The other two universities offering the same programme are in Graz and Trieste, but from what I know one must
... See more
Hi everyone,

I would like to hear from those of you who have attented this master at the university of La Laguna in Tenerife, Spain or/and from those who have any information about it.
After a week of simultaneous interpretation, I am thinking of pursuing a career in this field, so this programme (which covers my native language, Slovene, too!) would be perfect.
The other two universities offering the same programme are in Graz and Trieste, but from what I know one must speak German or Italian to be able to attend the classes.Thank you all and have a great weekend!
Collapse

translatol
translatol
Local time: 15:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
A good reputation Dec 4, 2004

The programme has a good reputation in Spain because it has instructors from the European Commission and the Spanish government. Also it's approved by the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC).

Claudia Emilia Musteata
Claudia Emilia Musteata
Local time: 17:28
Spanish to Romanian
+ ...
asking for details Apr 8, 2005

Nina Snoj wrote:

Hi everyone,

The other two universities offering the same programme are in Graz and Trieste, but from what I know one must speak German or Italian to be able to attend the classes.Thank you all and have a great weekend!

Hello,

could anyone tell me how to apply to the above mentioned?
Do they have an admission exam? Is there a deadline? Anyone who reads this has any idea about how this works? If this is taking place within the La Laguna University, what department should I look at?

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:28
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Servus, Claudia! Apr 13, 2005

Hello,

Do they have an admission exam? Is there a deadline? Anyone who reads this has any idea about how this works? If this is taking place within the La Laguna University, what department should I look at? [/quote]

Sure, I met people who attended that
... See more
Hello,

Do they have an admission exam? Is there a deadline? Anyone who reads this has any idea about how this works? If this is taking place within the La Laguna University, what department should I look at? [/quote]

Sure, I met people who attended that EMCI. Have a look at this page: http://www.emcinterpreting.net/partners.htm

Pa pa
Paola
Collapse

Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Admission test Apr 18, 2005

Hello again,

I am on the mailing list of the Interpret. dept. of the La Laguna University and according to them you can do the test in Tenerife (13-18th June) or Madrid (20.-25th June).
If you are interested, you should hurry up as you must send your application before the end of this month.
Lots of luck!

Nina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Master in Conference Interpretation in Tenerife

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »