Mobile menu

problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field
Thread poster: lavinia_snte
lavinia_snte
English
Apr 1, 2005

I need to write a paper on problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field,and on the strategies and transfer solutions used to overcome them.As I don't work in the field,I don't know what those problems are,I can only immagine that they can,for instance,arrise from the cultural differences between the tourists' countries and the country that they are visiting.If any of you know more on this subject than I do,can you please help me?My e-mail is lavinia_snte@yahoo.fr

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Translation or interpreting? Apr 2, 2005

As you posted your request in the interpretation forum I wonder, if you mean difficulties when interpreting?
Regards
Heinrich

lavinia_snte
English
TOPIC STARTER
both Apr 2, 2005

I have posted my request in the interpretation forum because someone suggested me to do so.But I meant difficulties both when translating and when interpreting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs