Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:58
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2005

Dear all,

I want to practise my consec and my sim in order to sit for important tests. I work once in a while as an interpreter and of course this is not enough.
I will briefly explain my plan and comments/suggestions are kindly requested.

1. I have to work on my Polish. I will attend meetings in Poland, listen to the radio&telly, but I need a couple of things:
-someone to practise with, maybe a Pole who wants to learn/practise Italian;
-a room with an
... See more
Dear all,

I want to practise my consec and my sim in order to sit for important tests. I work once in a while as an interpreter and of course this is not enough.
I will briefly explain my plan and comments/suggestions are kindly requested.

1. I have to work on my Polish. I will attend meetings in Poland, listen to the radio&telly, but I need a couple of things:
-someone to practise with, maybe a Pole who wants to learn/practise Italian;
-a room with an Internet connection and a TV set in Warsaw.
Of course I am contacting friends in Poland,
but just in case...
All this would be for May/June

2. I need to practise in a lab, for at least a month. I can't go to my Uni, because there aren't many cassets
and London is far too expensive for me. Same for Geneva. I had tought of Universities here in Italy, but I don't no if there's a free access. Same as point 2, I am contacting some people, but the more I know the better.

Maybe among you there's someone who wants to sit for tests and needs to prepare it with someone. I am now based in Tuscany, but can move everywhere, provided I've got an Internet connection

Sorry for this looong post and hope to hear from you: advises, personal experiences and some support as well

Ciao,
Paola
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Practising

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »