Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
New ProZ.com interpreters pool now available
Thread poster: Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Local time: 04:25
SITE STAFF
May 31, 2017

We’ve launched a new feature called pools. Pools are specialized groups of screened experts that are organized and made available for external opportunities.

Our first pool has been developed to create additional exposure for interpreters.

Those interested may apply for the pool at http://www.proz.com/pools/interpreters

The application starts with the new pool profile. This prof
... See more
We’ve launched a new feature called pools. Pools are specialized groups of screened experts that are organized and made available for external opportunities.

Our first pool has been developed to create additional exposure for interpreters.

Those interested may apply for the pool at http://www.proz.com/pools/interpreters

The application starts with the new pool profile. This profile allows interpreters to highlight additional information about specialties such as interpreting.

Our first integrated partner is Boostlingo, an interpreting platform for Language Service Providers.

To participate in pools, and increase potential opportunities for everyone, some additional terms and conditions are required involving showing real names, potential for feedback, and ongoing screening.

More specialties will be added soon, so even if you’re not interested as an interpreter, check it out and let us know what you think. We look forward to working together with you to make the features as useful as possible to you in helping grow your business.

Mike, ProZ.com
Collapse

Séverine torralba
Alfie Mendez
Liangxuan Liu
Ingrid Gabriela Papa

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:25
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Picture May 31, 2017

Hi Mike,

You have done a great job: page is user-friendly and displays clear main info. Congrats!
I was wondering if I change my profile picture on Proz main page, will it also change on Interpreters' pool? Now I noticed its pixelating is not that good.

Cheers.

Paulinho Fonseca

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Profile picture and interpreter pool May 31, 2017

Yes, the profile picture is pulling from your ProZ.com profile. We've taken steps to incorporate information from your ProZ.com profile and the pool profile.

If you upload a larger image, that should help with pixelation. If you aren't getting the expected results, please let us know and we may be able to help you optimize it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

Kathi Stock
Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:25
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
When will you add to the pool? Jun 1, 2017

I provided information long time ago to be part of that pool. When will you add more interpreters?

Thanks,

Kathi

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Adding to the pool Jun 1, 2017

Hi Kathi,

Your information is featured in the pool. I will send you a direct message on this.

We will continually add qualified interpreters to this pool.

So we invite all interested interpreters to apply at http://www.proz.com/pools/interpreters

Mike

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:25
English to Thai
+ ...
Great and thanks Jun 2, 2017

I tried many times to switch from a translator into an interpreter but it is not so successful. Interpretation jobs are rather ideal for me since non-payment issues can be avoided due to face to face contacts with end users of services.

Soonthon L.

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
More exposure for interpreters Jun 2, 2017

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I tried many times to switch from a translator into an interpreter but it is not so successful. Interpretation jobs are rather ideal for me since non-payment issues can be avoided due to face to face contacts with end users of services.

Soonthon L.

We hope these pools help expand your business.

Mike

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:25
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Good to know Jun 2, 2017

Hi Mike.

Thank you for letting me know. I am sure that the Interpreters pool will be successful. Most of my translations clients are from Proz and I am sure this will emphasize our work. We could start discussions about specialization courses, training materials specifically desgined to Interpreters as well. Good luck to everyone!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:25
English to Thai
+ ...
My visit again Jun 5, 2017

Now I use this feature and it helps me a lot to seek simultaneous interpreters in Bangkok with a Ph.D. education background in engineering, lecture, government agencies, courts.

Thanks again.

Soonthon L.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
"Pools index" link should rather point to a separate index page (not the Interpreter pool page) Aug 1, 2017

Mike Donlin wrote:

More specialties will be added soon, so even if you’re not interested as an interpreter, check it out and let us know what you think.

Mike, ProZ.com

I just find it quite confusing that the "Pools index" link under "Screened professional (Pools)" opens directly the Interpreter pool, in place of an index.

menu

Many featured interpreters present themselves as "mainly translator", "translator and interpreter" or "also translator". As a consequence, this gives the impression that the current pool is actually a general pool, including translators and interpreters.

On the contrary, those colleagues that are not offering interpretation do not have an option to be screen and included in it. The result is an unintended bias toward translators who are also working as interpreters.

I think it would be much better having the "Pools index" to open a real index page, even if for the moment it will only list the Interpreter pool. I hope this is a simple change and can be quickly implemented.

[Edited at 2017-08-01 13:09 GMT]

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Better pools navigation Aug 1, 2017

Hi Luca,

You make a great point. As you've noted, it's a change we will soon be implementing. We have a subtitling pool in progress so there will be a need for an index and more meaningful navigation.

Mike

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Pools index now available Aug 9, 2017

I just find it quite confusing that the "Pools index" link under "Screened professional (Pools)" opens directly the Interpreter pool, in place of an index.

Hi Luca,

The pools index page now opens its own page as you noted: http://www.proz.com/pools/

Also, we are launching a subtitler pool, and invite applications.

Mike

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Add personal images to the pool Aug 23, 2017

An interpreter specific image may now be uploaded, cropped and added to your pool profile.

Instead of your ProZ.com profile image, think about uploading a recent action photo wearing headphones, in a conference booth or otherwise providing your speciality.

A new cropping tool has also been added to edit your uploaded photo.

For those in the interpreter poo
... See more
An interpreter specific image may now be uploaded, cropped and added to your pool profile.

Instead of your ProZ.com profile image, think about uploading a recent action photo wearing headphones, in a conference booth or otherwise providing your speciality.

A new cropping tool has also been added to edit your uploaded photo.

For those in the interpreter pool, your profile may be edited at http://www.proz.com/pools/interpreters (see the bottom of your screen).

Uploaded images will not impact your current ProZ.com profile.

The default has been to show the ProZ.com profile image in the pool. This will continue, but we hope you take advantage of this new feature to enhance your pool profile. New applicants to the pool will also be able to add a pool specific image.
Collapse

Alfie Mendez

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:25
English to Italian
interesting feature ... Aug 24, 2017

now I wait for a medical translator pool ...

Claudio

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 16:25
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Proz app Dec 4, 2017

The Pool section in the Proz app looks quite different than on the Proz website. The CPN Translators pool is not the app.

I love Pool! Please continue to work on it and set up different Pools for the individual language pairs.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New ProZ.com interpreters pool now available

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »